Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issue

(Topic created on: 18-09-2023 04:02 PM)
7susan
Apprentice
Options
I'm having an issue on my S21 ultra. When i insert my sim card on the device it does show my number and details on the Sim card manager but my sim card isn't working. I cannot make any calls and text. Can anyone help me with the issue ? I have tried restarting my device a couple of times and i have tried my sim on the other phone it works fine. 
7 REPLIES 7
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Is the phone fully unlocked? Someone else was having an issue with sim card readers. Maybe the reader good be faulty have you tried another sim as well?
0 Likes
7susan
Apprentice
Options
Yep i have tried with other sim aswell. The problem is that the phone shows few bars of signal when there isn't any sim inserted inside the phone but when i use my old sim it just doesn't shows up and i cant use my sim card. I can only make calls through Wifi Calling.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea the bars showing is for emergency calls, not sure why it's doing that
0 Likes
hev25
Journeyman
Options
I'm having a similar issue. It started by saying I wasn't registered on the network. Now it intermittent drops signal.
I have done everything to fix it apart from factory reset my phone. Samsung have got back to me today and said they will investigate it and let me know.
Only had issues since the latest update! So frustrating!
If they come back with a fix, I'll let you know.
7susan
Apprentice
Options
Sure, please let me know when you find the solution.
Brainic
Pioneer
Options
You'll need to book your phone for repair and get the antenna looked at. It will probably need the FRC FPCB Flex Cable and charging port to be replaced.
0 Likes
hev25
Journeyman
Options
Samsung sent me am update today and its fixed my issue.
Send an error report to them. Took atleast 2 weeks but better than paying for a new phone.