Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Screen Fragile -- Cracks Way Too Easily

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 05:27 PM)
mgilpatrick
First Poster
Options

My new Samsung S21's screen is way too fragile. I have had Android smart phones for 12 years, I bought my first one the month they were first released. I have never had a cracked screen before. And my phone is less than 2 months old (I bought it on March 13). I have a screen protector on it and keep it in an Otterbox. This crack started in mid-April  and month after I bought it. The crack was so tiny - less than an 1/8 of and inch - I thought it was a scratch on my screen protector at first.  It took two more weeks for me to realize that the screen had cracked. Now the crack stretches across my screen and my phone is doing weird things like dropping calls.  I should not have to replace the screen an eight-week-old phone. Samsung should do a recall and replace all S21 screens with a stronger screen for free.

46 REPLIES 46
Buscuit
Apprentice
Options

samsung as expected refused to entertain this, said its physical damage end of, I requested theyre impact force data but they ignored me.

0 Likes
Arks2000
First Poster
Options

WelshPaul, you are not helping.

This is a honest issue, even after putting a screen protector on both of my 2 phones. the screen will be cracked 100%

And the fall is not even large to begin with it is freaking 20 cm or 0.66 feet) and the flooring is carpeted.

This is a clear defect on the screen it is just too fragile. For comparison, My old iPhone survived 5 years of drops.

After this experience and the support provided i will change to another brand.

0 Likes
Arks2000
First Poster
Options

This is a honest issue, even after putting a screen protector on both of my 2 phones. the screen will be cracked 100%

And the fall is not even large to begin with it is freaking 20 cm or 0.66 feet) and the flooring is carpeted.

This is a clear defect on the screen it is just too fragile. For comparison, My old iPhone survived 5 years of drops.

And the flow of the replacement process is just stupid, for my first device that had its screen flashing and a crack on the volume buttons (with warranty for free repair on screen) i informed sumsong care that in no event are they allowed to format the device and if they need to format to fix they should return the phone to me and i will fix it somewhere else (there were pictures of huge value to me inside). They returned it formated.....

After this experience and the support provided i will change to another brand.

0 Likes
Ken-C
First Poster
Options

I have 2 Samsung S21 Ultra's.. the first done received a dent in the screen from being in my pocket, the second one after dropping from the height of the car seat to the floor (50cm) which cracked the screen. These were the two last Samsung phones i will have purchased. Apple iPhone I'm coming back.

Also i will be lodging a complaint with the ACCC (Australian Consumer watchdog body) as this phone is misrepresented by the claims made as being the toughest Gorilla glass 3 and therefore is  not fit for purpose and does not function or perform in its intended manner.

0 Likes
PSUPrav
First Poster
Options

Same story here...  I've had Samsung phones exclusively since the S6 and never have I ever had any issues with the fragility of the screens.  They've all weathered drops prefectly, most of the time with just a silicon case to protect the edges from damage.   I dropped my S21 Ultra on carpeted stairs and the screen cracked. My girlfriend dropped hers the same week onto carpet and it also cracked.  There is no doubt in my mind that the screens on the S21 ultra are defective at best.   If Samsung knowingly out these out counting on additional revenue from replacement parts, that should be invested.

Both phones were in Otter box cases with screen protectors.  There is no reason the screen on both of these should cracked from a 2 foot drop on carpet.   This is outrageous. 

0 Likes
Jmrywalt59
First Poster
Options

Mine too!! What's the deal? Will samsung stand behind these screens?

0 Likes
Mwolf380
First Poster
Options

I came here today searching for a reason why these screens are so terrible, and I guess I found it. I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the S3 (IMO still the best one they made). My S21 Ultra has been by far the biggest POS yet. I developed a cracked screen shortly after purchasing it, opposite of the power button, and it spread like wildfire, and eventually developed as a black line from the power button across the screen and eventual flickering, color changing, brightness issues, etc.

Eventually I had the device replaced, last month, and just noticed last night, I have a developed a crack in the screen directly across from the power button yet again. And already am seeing screen issues, and now call reception issues. 

This is going to be my last Galaxy S series, unless they get rid of the stupid curved edge screen design, because I attribute that to the reason these screens are so bad. I feel like the glass is getting thin in the curved section of the glass.

My wife also owns an S21 ultra, and she has had cataclysmic screen failures on her device too. It is ridiculous that at the prices they are selling these phones for, you would expect a lot more quality.

Folledingue
Explorer
Options

There you go... I also have calls issues, the antenna moves around in the body, last time I dropped it intentionally to fix it and it worked. I got fed up going to the repair store, wasting my time and money on this phone. Samsung doesn't give a toss, they know they messed up and the s22 is just as bad it seems so it's a "never again" for me

0 Likes
FrancisGuintu
Apprentice
Options

Very annoyed, I had my s21 ultra 5G fitted with a glass screen protector and otterbox and less than a week later it fell off my lap getting out of the car, barely two feet in height.

I saw a small crack on the lower right side and thought shoot, I just had this done and now I'm going to have to replace the screen protector. But I realized the hairline cracks extended outside the screen protector's edge... the screen protector was intact and the screen UNDERNEATH was cracked. 

I'm so annoyed, I mean, more than 100usd foe the otterbox and sceeen protector...what else could I do to protect my phone!? 

0 Likes
FrancisGuintu
Apprentice
Options

Try it, you can't say you've had no issues until it actually happens to you.

0 Likes