Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 + Samsung A8 tablet

(Topic created on: 27-04-2024 09:26 AM)
AnnePHorse
Journeyman
Options
Something weird is going on
When my tablet is on and near my phone I lose wifi to connection to my phone!
If i switch the tablet off I have no problem. 
Anyone have advice for an old lady please 🙏 🙂 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Ensure your devices (inc your router) are all up to date. Sometimes, too many devices connecting to your router at once can cause issues. Try rebooting your router. Does this happen when the phone and tablet are in different rooms to each other or only when they are next to each other? I've certainly never experienced this for myself. Does the tablet have a magnetic case on it?
AnnePHorse
Journeyman
Options
Only when in the same room... yes it does have a magnetic case?
Right now I'm outside in the garden and have connection
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Maybe remove the magnetic case when in close proximity to the phone as this could be interfering with the wifi signal.
AnnePHorse
Journeyman
Options
Ok will try that later . Thank you
Hanifinio
Student
Options
Maybe there are too many devices connected to the router. I don't know much with this stuff but I think just listen to Robin999
AnnePHorse
Journeyman
Options
I removed the cover .. still the same. Weird thing is its only phone that loses connection
Has been fine all morning now suddenly goes off again.
Could it be a problem with my phone?
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Bit of a weird coincidence if it only happens when in close proximity to the tablet. Or are you now saying it's happening irrespective of where the tablet is?
At this stage, if it was me, I'd just factory reset both devices. However... could you first try booting the phone into safe mode as see if it still happens.

To boot into safe mode. Long press on the power button. Long press on the power icon. Tap safe mode icon. Your phone will restart in safe mode, and you will still be able to connect to WiFi (you may have to turn off flight mode). If this doesn't help, then consider the factory reset.
0 Likes
AnnePHorse
Journeyman
Options
I really don't want reset everything. I have no problem at all in the house - upstairs/ downstairs - even in the garden it works fine .
When i come into the bedroom where the tablet is, i lose WiFi on the phone.
Tomorrow will put the tablet in another room and see if it still happens.
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
No problem I understand, and besides there's no guarantee a factory reset would solve this. Yes, try in a different room. If this were only happening in the bedroom I'd be inclined to think wifi blind spot. But as a test, if you placed the tablet next to your main WiFi router does the phone still lose wifi when in close proximity? Could you maybe leave the tablet next to the router and move the phone about the house and see what happens with the Wi-Fi signal.
0 Likes