Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy 21 Ultra not going sleep when Double tap

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 08:50 AM)
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hi there, 

I've just received my S21 Ultra on Sunday and I've just noticed that when you Double tap on a empty space on homescreen it doesn't put it to sleep as it should do. 
Wondering if anyone has this problem as videos on YouTube shows it does when Double tap is used. 
Thanks in advance 
Lyn 
0 Likes
Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

the double tap function for sleep and wake for mine works perfectly, do you have any 3rd party apps that might affect it from your previous phone?

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - sorry can't think of anything else other than to say the double tap needs to be a quick double tap - if you do a slow double tap it won't work ( comment meant with best intentions 😀 )
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
ooh your lucky lol...no only things that's on the phone built in... its getting to me now 😒
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
yes that's what I'm doing a quick double tap, that's OK thank you anyway 😊
0 Likes
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Since I have too much time on my hands 😀 I did a Google search out of interest and found a couple of things others have tried which worked for them :

Settings - Accessibility- Visibility Enhancement - make sure Magnification and Magnify Window are turned off
- then do a restart of the phone - hold power key for power menu and tap restart

Also someone said it worked if they triple tapped - then thereafter worked with double tap !
Also just have a look at all your accessibility settings etc to see if can see anything that might be conflicting with it
Seems different things for different people

Don't know if these will help but probably more suggestions to be found if you Google it
Good luck - hope you get it figured - is so annoying when get these sort of things not working !
Solution
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Oohhh wow! that has fixed it , did what you suggest and its done it, it was the Magnification turned on , I did wonder why I had that happening when I did the tapping , and it does that on my S10+ and didn't know you can turn it off , so yes that's what's stopped the Double Tapping working 😃 i can't thank you enough for Googling that for me , I did Google but couldn't find anything that suggests whats causing it, but thank you so much for that 😃
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're very welcome - just happy it worked for you If was my phone would have bugged the hell out of me ! Seems to vary a bit for some reason but some phones seem to have various settings originally turned on by default that you not necessarily aware of Enjoy your new phone 😀
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
ooh thank you, yes its was bugging me like mad , was gonna be sending it back, yes strange that setting was on for Magnification, yes I will now , and thank you again 😊
Moïse
Explorer
Options
I have the same problem. It worked for a while then stopped last night. The phone also started to get quite hot now.
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
oh hell , that dosent sound good , have you had the phone long ?
0 Likes