Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Sound Quality

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 10:32 AM)
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
I am disappointed with the sound quality, especially the bass. My girlfriend received her S21 and the sound on that is much better than my Ultra..

You would have thought, the quality be better? Tried adjusting the equaliser and had Dolby on and off.. Still the same.

Has anyone noticed this on theirs.. I do have the original silicone case on but that shouldn't matter. 
24 REPLIES 24
PhilipDTN
Journeyman
Options
I am impressed with sound quality on my S21 ultra - very clear and has good bass. not sure why yours isn't. I pretty much leave mine as is when I get it but adjust sound in Buds Pro for my specific hearing.
0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
interesting.. there's definitely a difference when compared to the S21 which is better than Ultra
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Amazing sound quality on my S21 Ultra with Dolby Atmos and Equaliser set...

Equaliser_SoundAlive.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Scotcruz  I   do not have an S21  device myself  but Sound quality seems pretty highly regarded generally in reviews , obviously others have a different experience here.  one report here https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s21_ultra-review-2219p3.php      

Have you tried any resets,  does it make any difference without  silicone case ?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
I just feel the beats on S21 has more thump. tried the presets too.. Quality is fine, just the bass really
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
quality of sound is good on both my s21 ultras, don't have the s21 to compare to though, but its similar to s20 ultras sound which was also good.
footballstriker
Explorer
Options

I've noticed something very strange and wondered if this was just a fault that's come with that specific phone or something that every S21 ultra device is going to suffer with. The sound quality is really bad, like muffled. I noticed it more than anything when I heard my chosen notification sound go off (Crescent) and I thought that doesn't sound right. I got both phones side by side to compare and that notification sound is actually much clearer and better on the s20+ than on the s21 ultra. I then played other things like music and even had a phone call on the s21 ultra and realised that everything sounds kinda muffled on it. It's almost as if they've made the sound chip inside really cheap. There is nothing blocking the speakers and as it's brand new, there is no damp or dirt stuck inside, I even tried gently blowing inside the speaker to see. Samsung said they weren't aware of any people phoning about that particular issue on release day. They've put it down to a faulty phone and they're obviously going to replace it but I wondered if anyone else has had the same issue? I'd of thought if anything the sound should be even better on the s21 ultra, not worse!! Can't say I've really been able to notice the bass much because I was so shocked by how bad the treble sounded. This is all with the headphones NOT being plugged in.

Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
just checked the notification and you are right.. how did you contact Samsung.. I think mine is faulty too
0 Likes
footballstriker
Explorer
Options

I just phoned their customer services. Which phone did you compare the notification sound to? It honestly sounds so rubbish on the s21 ultra. Tempted to ditch samsung altogether and go get the latest iPhone at this rate.

0 Likes