Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Secure Folder Backup

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 10:02 AM)
phil981
Pioneer
Options

Hi Everyone,

I'm logged into a Samsung account within Secure Folder but it now only gives me the option to restore from backup and not backup.

There's a prompt stating "Backup is no longer supported for Secure Folder, but you can still restore from previous backups."

Does anyone know why this is and why Samsung have removed this feature?

16 REPLIES 16
Maldonaa
First Poster
Options

Happy to change to iPhone because of this nonsense disrespect to old customers.

0 Likes
MarcSant
First Poster
Options

@Maldonaa wrote:

Going to an iPhone is a complete setback, because no iPhone has secure folders. Once someone accesses your iPhone, such as your wife or girlfriend, that person has full access to all the contents of it, unless you install a third party program. And once these apps are installed, they are left out of the iCloud backup... Exactly because they are encrypted by 3rd party software and not natively by the iPhone. Now, talking about consumer disrespect, Apple in my opinion is the one that commits this the most: it was the first one to remove the charger and the headset from the box, increasing the price of the new model without these accessories, and also removing the charger from the old models and increasing the price of these old devices. And the icing on the cake is sending a cable that you have no place to use, and implementing different connectors even in the most expensive equipment like iMacs, forcing the consumer to buy several different cables for each Apple equipment they have. And it has to be the most expensive Apple cables, because if you buy from third parties and your device has a problem, the Apple care already invalidates the warranty of your Apple product.

0 Likes
MarcSant
First Poster
Options

@Maldonaa wrote:

By the way: Samsung, in the S21 launch, gave you a voucher that allowed you to buy a top-of-the-line Bluetooth wireless headset, and even mailed you the 25W charger. I bought my S21 Ultra about 3 months after the launch and received for free a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro and the charger. This promotion is frequent and always happens with Samsung's high end devices for those loyal consumers. Apple on the contrary, remove the accessories of the box, increases the price of current devices, removes the accessories of older models and also increases the price of these. Do you really still want to talk about consumer disrespect?

0 Likes
E Sz
First Poster
Options

Yes, same issue. Only Restore option is available on S21 Ultra. Am disappointed. 

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

They removed the backup option some time ago and I have discussed it in a previous thread somewhere. I stopped using it as a result!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Araragi
First Poster
Options

Backup stopped working for me on the Note 20 Ultra after the Android 11 update. The big July security patch fixed it. 

Can't say if you have a similar issue on the S21 and a future update ends up fixing it. 

0 Likes
Mustafa_
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem with S21 ultra 

0 Likes