Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra S Pen

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 04:41 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For the first time, a Galaxy S Pen can be used on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, (only this model I am afraid).

This has to be purchased separately as an accessory and there is no space within the phone's chassis to store it as there is on the Galaxy Note range.

Samsung also do an official silicon case for the S20 Ultra with S Pen...

Also from Samsung is an Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Clear View Case With S Pen - Black...

Rumour has it that Samsung will be releasing a larger, bluetooth S Pen Pro with Air Gestures later this year.

Might hang fire for awhile before buying an S Pen and case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
1 REPLY 1
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I am looking forward to using the S-Pen with the S21 ultra.   I have never owned a Note Series handset, and although I have tried them out in store, I always wondered just how useful the small S-Pen would be for any real length of time.   I do have hands on the bigger size, and the Note pen has always seemed to me to be a 30 minute doodle tool but to become uncomfortable to use after a while with my hand size.  

I was very close to buying a Note 20 ultra mid-December, but thought I would wait with the rumours surrounding the S21 Ultra. 

I have already pre-ordered my S21 Ultra with the addition of the clearview case / S-Pen that you have linked, and mainly as the price from Samsung was discounted with 30% discount if bought at the same time.  If I find the S-Pen usage is good enough and I use it regularly for meaningful purposes, then I will likely also buy the s-Pen pro at a later time.  

I am particularly looking forward to trying it out in business meetings at work, to take meeting notes on my S21 Ultra,  and mainly to save myself the paper scribbles that I have to make.   I also often have to type up my scribbles later into electronic notes, for circulation around the team.    So for me, it could be helping me to save time in retyping, and saving the planet too by reducing my paper waste !   

Time will tell how useful it proves to be, but this S-Pen to me seems to be a more pencil like size and therefore more comfortable to write with.  

Kind regards

Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite