Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 02:13 AM)
vmd
Explorer
Options
I've  been using s21 ultra since 4th February. I updated to latest February  software patch released but even my phone's battery life is very  poor. I tried resetting my phone, switched to fhd and 60hz. Using low brightness and dark mode all the time even then my battery life is not great. I used the camera for 22mins it literally consumed nearly 18% of my battery. Even with 1 hour of whatsapp video call costs more than 20% of my battery. I don't know  what to do. Can I replace my s21 ultra for a new one or wait for any software  update to resolve this issue. I think my unit's battery is faulty. May be may be I am not sure. Can anybody tell me what is the battery drain of your phone when using camera for 4k videos and a video call ? 
35 REPLIES 35
DJames1
Apprentice
Options

I got my s21 Ultra on launch day. Prior to the February update, my s21 Ultra would get over an hour of web browsing on wifi using 10% of battery, now it gets maybe 35 -40 mins of web browsing for 10% of battery.  Also drains faster in standby.

0 Likes
Members_BYlH7jW
First Poster
Options

I follow, me too from a mate 20 pro, no comparison between the battery drain, with mate 20 pro never had problem during all the day, with s21 ultra I have to charge it a lot of times, trying all the setting to last the battery more and more and so losing the characteristics ibought it for.. it's a real mess

GCgoat
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, since i got the Phone its been getting better, but still i think its very poor battery for  not using the nice features on the phone. This phone is not worth it at all. Can buy a Huawei p30 pro for a 3rd of the price of s21 ultra. The p30 pro runs faster and lasts longer. The s21 ultra makes no sense to buy.

BogiAlex
First Poster
Options

I bought the s21 ultra exynos ten days ago, the battery life is very bad. I waited for March security patch to make it better, but it looks even worse now. Samsung, please do something.

0 Likes
Mamba86
First Poster
Options

UPDATE: For some inexplicable reason mu battery has been awful the last two days. Casual browsing. Nothing major. Not much SOT but the battery is draining really quickly. I cannot work out what's doing it and it's not reflected in the battery use section. This is to say, the % each app etc is saying it is using is not reflected in the total loss. I am very sad I've gone from bad to great to bad again. My plan is to charge it before bed and see what is happening overnight when I'm not touching it. Screen is on medium and 60hz refresh 😔.

0 Likes
Members_WX3OgZ7
First Poster
Options

U r absolutely right, after 4 years i decided to go back to Android. I m regreting like never before i bought Galaxy s21 ultra it is good peace of hardware with very bad battery man i have to charge this device some time three time in one day. I wish i could go back to ios.

Camera is battery sucker and display. 

0 Likes
Hellina Kamil
First Poster
Options

Just bought it yesterday and the battery really suck. Just normal browsing, whassap and very less use of camera and it drained 50% of my batt less than 4hours! Samsung please do something. 

0 Likes
etoo9
First Poster
Options

same issue from my side i just got the phone 5 days ago battery is draining very fast especially when i go for video calls.

guang
Student
Options
Absolutely, right ! My phone only last 5 hours on screen time. This is ot acceptable for £1200 phone 📱🙄.
0 Likes
Lucas3489
First Poster
Options

Have had the phone for little more than a month

after couple of weeks decided to factory reset (had downloaded apps via the switch-app) but still poor batter life. 

The phone is great, display performance and camera top notch but the battery drains way too fast for a 1400€ phone (I have the exynos 512/16).

Mostly on wifi, 5g off, FHD+ 120hz. 

Today's SOC

yesterday reached 5 hrs soc and had 15% battery left

I really hope samsung fixes this, it's getting annoying.

SOC.jpg

0 Likes