Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 02:13 AM)
vmd
Explorer
Options
I've  been using s21 ultra since 4th February. I updated to latest February  software patch released but even my phone's battery life is very  poor. I tried resetting my phone, switched to fhd and 60hz. Using low brightness and dark mode all the time even then my battery life is not great. I used the camera for 22mins it literally consumed nearly 18% of my battery. Even with 1 hour of whatsapp video call costs more than 20% of my battery. I don't know  what to do. Can I replace my s21 ultra for a new one or wait for any software  update to resolve this issue. I think my unit's battery is faulty. May be may be I am not sure. Can anybody tell me what is the battery drain of your phone when using camera for 4k videos and a video call ? 
35 REPLIES 35
adelaida009
Apprentice
Options

Yes, same here. I hope some new update will fix that.

Mobsyr
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

I had preordered s21 ultra here in Sweden, so i had this STO only 3-4 hours and when it is stand by even there was no sim card it loses 1% every hour, and my other BIG probelm was charging time minimum 2.2hours I tried several chargers 40 wat 20 wat ,power banks all same and 9 hours on regular charger from 1-100%..so return the phone to tele2 and samsung workshop RETURNED it to me with doing nothing, so i CANCELLED, WTH 1400$ and samsung not addressing this issue, guys i advise dont wait for this ***** to be fixed as samsung never say a word.

RETURN YOUR PHONE. 

0 Likes
GCgoat
Apprentice
Options

I have pretty much turned off anything that might drain battery fast. Battery is still worse than my 2 year old Huawei p30 pro. I dont use camera much, use the Phone mostly for work and stock market. But it is just a horrible battery. I feel they need to do something about it. Like how can my 2 year old Phone do better not draining the battery so ***** fast. I charge the s21 ultra about 3 times a day. Sad battery life. 

ACHTUNG
Apprentice
Options

4 hours of screen time for me, no games, no 4k video recording. Just browsing, whatsap and a casual photo. Even S20 ultra seems with good battery now, i thought it was poor... After using the Z fold 2 i am feeling very bad with the exynos *****. Sorry samsung, but it is what it is. I tried with 60hz, tried with the 96hz apk from xda developers, it does not change, i even removed the bloatware and most of the stuff i don't use via adb shell, and still there is no sign of improvement in battery life. About 4 hours screen on time (i wonder why they removed this info from stock battery menagment app with new phones, heh). What is this, hellooo, samsuuuung, are you there, are you sleeping?? This is not performance of a flagship phone with 5000mah battery!!! The competition will eat you alive... Feeling bad with the S21 ultra and the leather case i bought for 50€ additionally, 2 weeks with this phone and i am going to ditch it............ and with a lot of €€€ loss......... 

flowergard1
Student
Options

My SOT is about 6.5h while using cellular connection, surfing the web and watching youtube videos, with FHD+ and 120hz adaptive screen refresh rate. My previous phones have about 8-10h screen on time doing pretty much the same. I have the Exynos 2100 variant s21 Ultra. I am going test with 60hz screen latency if this wont be fixed with an update from Samsung. The outcome is better than some of you, who only get 4h and so. From most of the reviews online it should be about 10h+ doing easy tasks like surfing. I made contact with Samsung through chat. The person I spoke with suggested that I turn on mobile data saving in order to better the problem, while waiting for a new update from Samsung. WTF? Ridiculous! I wish the Samsung engineers would assist us in our questions. I believe they know 100% what is wrong. I suppose honesty is rare in these times.

Sebastus
First Poster
Options

When I first got the phone I used SmartSwitch to move my data to it. Battery life was horrendous. I would loose 10% in an hour in iddle. My phone would not go past 4 hs SOT. Also noticed it would take a long time charging. I was gonna return my phone and get a refund. 

I decided to restore the  s21 Ultra to factory and make a fresh start. No SmartSwitch. Only used google to recover my contacts.

Then I installed my most used apps like home banking, WhatsApp, Facebook and instagram.  Now im getting 8 hs SOT with 120 hz and wqhd. 

It seems like some app was eating my battery and not showing in battery usage.

So i would reccomend that before returning your phone, do a factory reset and try your phone like that for a day. If it is still not giving you propper SOT, get a refund.

I hope this brings some hope to those who are having this problem. Thankfully mine is solved.

0 Likes
Mamba86
First Poster
Options

I was having problems from the outset and very disappointed. In order to get battery through the day I had it functioning like a 1990's mobile. All seems to be much better now since I wiped phone and started again. I feel most of the issues were down to using Smart Switch when I first got phone. I have also switched off Smart Things. Now going to bed with 35 to 40% remaining. 

0 Likes
Sebastus
First Poster
Options

It seems to be a software issue rather than a hardware issue. Im pretty sure all mobile manufacturers make a qualitiy control of their products and would not let go any phone with half the battery capacity. 

I again recommend all those having battery problems to do a factory reset and do not transfer apps and settings. If it is still not working properly then you really have a hardware problem and if you get great battery life then the problem is a software issue. 

0 Likes
hrtyu
Student
Options

5.9 hours screen time average. night drain with even a routine turning everything off. absolutely garbage. those paid reviewers where like "multi day battery", i'll return this phone.

0 Likes
DJames1
Apprentice
Options

Yep, prior to the February update, my s21 Ultra would get over an hour of web browsing on wifi using 10% of battery, not it's get maybe 40mins for 10% of battery.

0 Likes