Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Isn't Fast Charging

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
sa1fraja
Apprentice
Options
My phones always had a problem with fast charging, I've even bought the 25W charging brick and turned on super fast charging in settings but it still won't fast charge at all. Do I have to get the phone to be repaired or is there any way I can fix this on my own?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
chrisw12
First Poster
Options
I'm glad you've put this, my s23 ultra has also stopped fast charging, ive changed wire and brick and nothing but only has in the last day or 2
0 Likes
klaupfterzeit
First Poster
Options
U chaps tried taking a toothpick, scraping the area around the contact pins in the port? I imagine isopropyl alcohol would loosen it up (with phone powered off)
I work as a landscaper and my port gets seriously bunged up with condensed nonsense fortnightly.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome to the Samsung UK Community Forum

When you put your device on change, from say 10% it should take a little over an hour to change using a 25w charger and Samsung cable (note many cheap cables charge at a slower pace)

If it does, all is good and it is nothing more than a narrative change
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
sa1fraja
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for telling me, but, it takes a little over 2 hours instead if I were to charge the phone from 10% to 100%, and it also doesn't say that a super fast charger is connected. I've enabled super fast charging too so I'm not sure what the problem is. I might just need to get it fixed.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is your charger an original Samsung and is your cable also original Samsung?

Other users have suggested that unless using Samsung manufactured devices, charging speed may have been reduced.

(Samsung haven't confirmed this though)
S24 Ultra
sa1fraja
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I've bought the 25W charger from Samsung and the cable is from Samsung too.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Recommend you wipe Partition Cache on your device next
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
S24 Ultra
sa1fraja
Apprentice
Options
Thank you so much for getting back to me, I'll try this out soon and get back to you as soon as I can. By the way, does this factory reset the phone?
0 Likes