Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra 512GB discontinued in UK

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 01:52 PM)
Lucifer990
Journeyman
Options

I was looking to buy S21 Ultra 5g 512 GB model and it is discontinued in UK. Is Samsung in their right minds? Firstly they removed memory card from the phone, then they followed the stupid Apple gimmick of removing headphones and charger from the box in the name of saving the planet and now this. Do the Samsung not want to be on top ?

27 REPLIES 27
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
Well I am glad that I got my Samsung galaxy ultra 5g 512GB back in February, but I've got bags of room, with Samsung cloud and one drive cheers 🍻
0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
S21 ultra
0 Likes
Lucifer990
Journeyman
Options

nice. I have note9 512GB model with 512GB memory card. I prefer my stuff to be available offline rather putting everything online. 

l15
Apprentice
Options
Samsung have turned very annoying lately I'm thinking of switching to iphone
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Took me all but 5 seconds to see its on Amazon. Although I'm happy I ordered it from Samsung directly (not just because I got a discount 😀), since I got the buds Pro too.
Lucifer990
Journeyman
Options
Yeah that's the thing.. no offers on Amazon.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

You get the same BTU device on Amazon as you do direct from Samsung. You can even spread the cost over five easy payments with zero interest and no credit check required if you're a long time Amazon customer.

A lot of the posts on here about over heating, poor battery etc appeared to come more so from users of the 512GB variant. I wonder if that played a part in Samsung discontinuing the device? Maybe it was just poor sales.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I am pretty sure it is about parts availability and silicon shortages.  You can order a silver variant of the 512GB ultra today !    Or you could get a 512GB ultra from some places such as amazon, or possibly even consider a pre-owned or brand new on ebay if wishing to take a chance.  There are some reputable sellers on there.       

To be honest I could have easily managed with a 256GB model, and 512GB is a bit of overkill.  I guess I went with the high model also for the upgrade in RAM to 16GB.    

I guess it comes down to being quick off the mark... I ordered mine on 14th January straight after the unpacked event... benefitted from the best Buds Pro and Tag deals... but the downside is having to tolerate the minor issues as per the other pre-order customers.  

Now the product is much more stable, and consumers are now paying the price of the global shortage in  components and not ordering the phone earlier.   Sorry to see it is out of stock... perhaps it will be back in the future when parts are readily available again.  

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe they sold more of the 512gb versions due to lack of SD cards as in UK Argos never stocked them.
I got mine with employee discount back in Jan as well so got it for the 256gb price so was no brainer.
Also with Google stopping the free upload from June this here it made sense to go for the highest variant especially with the 108 MP camera 8K etc.
Maybe samsung wants people to buy Microsofts One Drive subscription as a part of they contract. So I am not surprised.