Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 resetting after update

(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 09:49 AM)
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options

I own an S21 ultra for about a year and a half now. I worked well until I update to Android 13/One UI 5.0. It keeps restarting itself while Im using it or whilst just sat there. Sometimes during me opening the camera, watching youtube or checking Instagram, just anytime could happen. It really frustrating that i cant do anything about it. I even factory reset my phone, but the issue still persist. Has anyone else had the same issues and solved it yet?

SAMSUNG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 REPLIES 20
vee1987
Apprentice
Options
I been having the same issue the last week, but recently it's continuously restarting itself!! Can barely use it now!! 😫 at some points it restarting every 5 mins very frustrating!!
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Hi PaulM1. Sorry, I've only just noticed your post. Auto optimization wasn't on. I checked that originally. Another post I followed was based on Instagram crashing his phone. I disabled Instagram last night and had no restart! It may of been a coincidence but so far it's my number 1 suspect! I'm going to leave Instagram enable tonight to see what happens. Instagram app did an update yesterday so assuming it's the cause of the restarts, that may solve it anyway.
0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
I get one Restart overnight since the android 13 update. Another thread I'm following suggested problems with Instagram. I disabled Instagram last night and had no restarts!! May be a coincidence but it's my number 1 suspect at the moment. The Instagram app did an update yesterday so I'm going to leave it enabled tonight to see what happens....... assuming it's the cause in the first place.
0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Last night a small Samsung update was available 187mb ish. Installed it hoping it would be the answer. I caught the phone restarting yet again at 1.50am. I unlocked the phone so it could complete the restart and then woke up this morning to find it had done another at about 2.40am. As mentioned in previous posts about Instagram, I didn't disable it to see what would happen. I will tonight, hopefully that will help to confirm Instagram as the issue
0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Another Instagram update!
I regularly get files to print via email, which I download to file manager, then plug in and download to a memory stick via the OTG connector. Since the android 13 update it's been recognising the OTG and memory stick as a charging device instead. I disabled Instagram, and has now recognised it as a memory stick again! How weird is that! Works perfectly again!
0 Likes
Cipher12
Explorer
Options
Did it restart again ? If it did or did not was instagram enabled or not?
0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately, the short answer is yes....twice.
I disabled Instagram at 10pm last night, it did a restart about 12am, then another around 1.30am. I then went into the App manager, cleared the cache, the data and uninstalled updates (I can't fully uninstall the app), and it didn't do another restart by the time I woke up at 8am. I still think it's something to do with Instagram, but whether I have to disable it and clear cache too etc, I don't know. I'll keep trying different things for a few more days, then I may be looking at either just living with it or trying a full reset. Really annoying.
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Another update. Tried something different. I've always had Facebook disabled since I had this phone. As Facebook and Instagram are part of Meta I enabled and updated Facebook and did the same with Instagram. And had no restarts last night. I'll leave everything as it is and see how it goes.
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
Instagram and Facebook still enabled as mentioned above. Phone didn't restart overnight.
kam2005
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue with samsung s20 5g from the error reports samsung know this is a hardware problem so factory reset or software update will not fix issue.Other people also have this issue, unacceptable for a relatively new phone to have hardware problems. Samsung don't care about taking your money £700 there should be a recall or fix free of charge.
0 Likes