Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE tiktok effects not working

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 10:24 PM)
Eilcon
Student
Options

Since I got my new s21 FE, I get an error for most of the filters on TikTok, saying they do not work with my device. Screenshot attached.  I have updated the phone software and the app. Also reinstalled app. All filters work on previous phone, Huawei p20 pro.

Screenshot_20220210-221502_TikTok.jpg

31 REPLIES 31
SubjectLambda
First Poster
Options

Yeah you're definitely not the only one. It's been happening to me too. Doesn't make sense to me as it's a brand new phone. I hope whatever it is is fixed soon 

0 Likes
Bizzybee
First Poster
Options

Mine too. I miss the filters. No use in the app if I can't fully participate just because I got a new phone.

0 Likes
Ayshii
First Poster
Options

Doesn't work for me on my z3 Fold, yet works perfectly fine on my husband's note 10+. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Options

Same I have the Galaxy s21 fe and I can't get any filters to work 

0 Likes
Stellareen123
First Poster
Options

I think I found a roundabout solution. you can go to create a new tiktok and search for the effect there and it's mos likely to work.

Screenshot_20220222-151622_TikTok.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-151719_TikTok.jpg

Lovealwaysrisa
First Poster
Options

Just got the S22 Ultra and it has the same freaking problem. This is ridiculous. 

Members_R85Fxcm
First Poster
Options

Same on my S21 FE. I never invested in such a new and expensive phone and this is showing me it's not worth it anyway. 

Eli guerra
First Poster
Options

Yes dude how do we blow up this situation and make it known to them because it so irritating being limited to just the natural camera 

Options

So I posted last week about the same issue, I seen someone uninstalled and reinstalled through the galaxy app and not Google play store and it worked for them others said it didn't work.  I did it last night and the filters work now, but........ They only work if you click on the plus button to upload a video and then go through the filters that way, it won't work if I try to use the filter through somebody else's video but it will work if I uploaded and then click on effects.... Hopefully that works for somebody else because I'm happy now I was going to return this phone

Craigm869
First Poster
Options

Samsung need to sort this quick. My galaxy s10 plus could cope with this why can't my s21 fe?? Get a fix out soon Samsung or I'll be forced to move to a different phone 😲