Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 FE Mobile Data Intermittently Stops Working

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 08:24 AM)
JoshuaBurkitt
First Poster
Options

I've had my S21 FE for 8 months now and ever since I got it, my mobile data has been intermittently slowing down to the point of being unusable.

At random periods throughout the day, it will suddenly drop from the usual 18 - 25 Mbps to around .5 Mbps or often less.

Restarting it or toggling airplane mode on and off will often fix it for a few seconds after it reconnects, but then it slows right down again.

If I connect to Wifi, that works just fine, but on 4G it will remain pretty much unusable for the next few hours, and then it will just start working again and be perfectly fine for quite a few hours after that.

I've tried switching carriers, but that makes no difference, and when I put my SIM in my old phone, it works perfectly fine.

I even tried factory resetting my phone, but that made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JoshuaBurkitt 

Can you run the phone's internal diagnostic test tool found in the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section just to see if anything is highlighted.

If not and as you have ruled out your sim card and network masts as not part of the issue I would suggest to contact Samsung Support to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for them to assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bluri
First Poster
Options

Sounds like same issue on mine has been from beginning for a year.

I don't have 5G contract so only using 2G/3G/4G Mode. When for example driving on motorway the Phone loses 4G coverage and goes to 3G (H+ reading on top bar) it won't go back to 4G. I Can drive for hours Phone staying on 3G-network. However if I at any time toggle 4G/3G/2G to 3G/2G and back to 4G/3G/2G Phone immediately takes 4G.

Has been Very Very frustrating and provider Telia says it's Samsung issue and Samsung support says it's Telia issue. 

0 Likes