Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair or quick fix

(Topic created on: 03-04-2022 11:13 AM)
ultrasound
Student
Options
My phone has just stopped registering my sim. Tried switching off, trying another sim, delete cache, reset connection but no joy.  Anything  else I can try before  having it seriously looked at?   Message says 'not registered with a network'.   Thanks in advance.   I've run the malware byte app for nasties - nothing came up. Unfortunately there is no warranty on this so don't want to spend loads.
4 REPLIES 4
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
This sounds like a Sim card issue. Contact your provider for another....and you can try another SIM card from another phone..if that works in your phone you know its the your SIM card and not your phone.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Under connections -> Mobile Network then make sure 'Network Operators' is set to automatic and Network mode is auto connect.

I'd also check to see if there's any outages for your service provider.
If another supported SIM doesn't work then it's pointing towards an handset issue. If it does work then likely that your SIM has failed.

There are diagnostic tools on this app to check your handset
0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Return for a refund if you still under return period, otherwise samsung will only offer to send your phone to repair and that can take weeks
0 Likes
ultrasound
Student
Options
Thank you all for your kind responses. It's not the sim but a phone problem. Fortunately I am able to use the 2nd sim slot now. Fingers x'd I don't get any.more issues.
0 Likes