Go to solution Solved

Problem with echo on call S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:57 AM)
RuShY
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,
I have a really weird problem.
Since last week, shortly after I updated my phone, I have had complaints from people I call to, that they hear themselves talking to me, an echo of them voice.
I have the phone from February and before that I did not have such a problem until last week.
I shook myself in various forums, but I do not find a similar problem and its solution. Please help, because it is terribly annoying. As a primary solution, I have reduced my microphone to a minimum and so the echo is very weak and almost invisible, but from the other side do not hear me very well.

☆ SamSung S21 Ultra ☆
Go to solution
139 REPLIES 139
Arlisa
First Poster
Options

I just started having the same problem as you and it started on December 4th after an update was sent to my phone. We're you able to fix the echo?

Tim7
Apprentice
Options

This thread has been running for a long time. My daughter's S21 had the same problem. We found that rebooting into Safe Mode, and then doing a power cycle solved the issue temporarily. Then it occured again, so she did the same thing. Since then (1 year+), it's been fine. Good luck.

0 Likes
mjbell
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same problem.  Yes my apps are up to date. However, I didn't pay for a phone to use in safe mode.  If I have to use my phone in safe mode just to stop it from sounding like Samsung had me upload spyware in their update, then I want my money back and I'll go with another company.

0 Likes
BuckeyeFan14
First Poster
Options

@RuShY I just started having this issue after the last update. Have you found a resolution? I read the thread on this issue and no-one seems to have a solution. thanks!

0 Likes
monyx
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. I can no longer make phone calls with this POS s21 ultra, which is now a $1200 paperweight. I hated this phone before this issue, can't wait to return this pile of garbage

0 Likes
beerbarrel
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. It started 2 weeks ago. I can restart phone and it is good for a few calls then returns. It happens while Im using speaker or not using speaker. Im going to have to go back to my old phone.

beerbarrel
Journeyman
Options

Mic works fine during this test.

0 Likes
vicviper
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same issue over here going into 2022. Phone is fully updated to latest version (I'm on Verizon). A reboot of the phone fixes it temporarily, but I really need a permanant fix, this is incredibly frustrating!

Megatrontran
Student
Options

I figured it out! A temporary workaround would be to disable wifi calling. I've only tested this out once and the other person I called could not hear themselves. Please try this and let me know.

0 Likes
JoeNoble
First Poster
Options

I'm still experimenting, but it appears to be somewhere between the Wifi-Calling and the Microsoft Your Phone App. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra and use a PC with MS Win 10.  My son is constantly complaining that he is hearing himself echo in his iPhone13 so bad that it's unusable. When I shut down my computer last night, which disabled the Your Phone app, my son and I were able to talk normally. I did still have Wifi-Calling enabled.