Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life S21 Ultra no fix

(Topic created on: 24-06-2021 09:07 AM)
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

Hi!
So I've gone through all the possible settings guides, tips, cleared cache after every update, used galaxy booster app.
I also have the latest June update, really everything there is that can possibly help me get a better battery life (using FHD and 120hz which I won't give up).

Even got the phone company to provide me with a new Galaxy s21U since I've figured the first one was faulty.

After all that I still can't manage to get even 7 hours SOT (when I'm at home using WIFI no cellular data no Volte no 5G etc.)
Using standard apps like Whatsapp, Mails, Chrome , Facebook.
Usually I'm getting around 6-6.5 hours SOT and if I'm out of home using mobile data or god forbidden GPS, I'm getting around 5 hours SOT.

I really don't no what to do?! I've had an old Huawei Mate 10 Pro which had a 2 times better battery life.

26 REPLIES 26
davedes
First Poster
Options

Disable the fingerprint icon on the Always On Display. In fingerprint options, if you disable "show on AOD", that should correct the wakelock battery drain issue.

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I am not using AOD at all and turned it off . Will the wakelock battery drain issue still be there ?

0 Likes
davedes
First Poster
Options

Set to never as seen below, ragardless if you use AOD.

Screenshot_20210812-144510_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
Cool. Have done it. Let's see if it improves battery life.
0 Likes
davedes
First Poster
Options

Best to install gsam battery monitor to see if the problem with the drain issue is still there. I can however confirm that it worked for me. 

0 Likes
Members_2R7usHC
First Poster
Options

It is useless to post a screenshot of batt.usage, you will find nothing intresting. All things on there are marked as 'good' by default.

I see a year long complains about this issue, with nothing done to solve this. The only thing I saw working is to root the phone and remove the samsung shell all together - but I'm not willing to do that yet at the moment. 

So..... something in the samsung shell (user interface plus apps programmed over the android os) is draining the battery like a madman on steroids. 

Samsung devs need to find out what that is.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The screen shots are very informative, they show the problem apps. If you study the results you will see what apps are draining the battery, most of which cause problems on non Samsung devices so as regards Samsung shell being the issue doesn't make sense.
0 Likes