Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life S21 Ultra no fix

(Topic created on: 24-06-2021 09:07 AM)
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

Hi!
So I've gone through all the possible settings guides, tips, cleared cache after every update, used galaxy booster app.
I also have the latest June update, really everything there is that can possibly help me get a better battery life (using FHD and 120hz which I won't give up).

Even got the phone company to provide me with a new Galaxy s21U since I've figured the first one was faulty.

After all that I still can't manage to get even 7 hours SOT (when I'm at home using WIFI no cellular data no Volte no 5G etc.)
Using standard apps like Whatsapp, Mails, Chrome , Facebook.
Usually I'm getting around 6-6.5 hours SOT and if I'm out of home using mobile data or god forbidden GPS, I'm getting around 5 hours SOT.

I really don't no what to do?! I've had an old Huawei Mate 10 Pro which had a 2 times better battery life.

26 REPLIES 26
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I use them all but not heavily, my usage is sat nav you tube and I am a heavy texter, on my s20 I would get 5 hours max but this one is amazing
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Bearing in mind this is with not much stand by as well, if I use social media have loads of standby I will get around 5 to 6 hours sot
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
That's great but I think you must be using 60hz refresh rate. Else 8 hours is impossible.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Not it's on adaptive refresh rate so it's uses anything between 48hz and 120hz
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Bearing in mind 8 hours is the maximum I don't get that everyday only if I am binging normally day to day use it's 6ish
0 Likes
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210625-212347_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210625-212355_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210625-212347_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210625-212355_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So your listening to lots of music and your standby time is high, that's not too bad really
0 Likes
Yaryar94
Apprentice
Options

So I think the draining coming from the known issue with the camera wakelock, but I also see that I have bss_indisplaysensorhelper that takes a lot of battery in idle.

Any idea what is that?

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-29 at 16.53.51.jpeg

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

This is awesome. For me 45 min facebook takes 15% battery and for you its only 6% how?

And your idle time doesn't drain battery at all, what magic you did to reduce idle time battery drain. Can you share some tips?

0 Likes