Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POCKET DIALING

(Topic created on: 20-06-2023 05:57 PM)
MajorR
Apprentice
Options
Hi
How do I stop pocket dialing emergency services? Happening often anc never used to until about a month ago.
TIA
16 REPLIES 16
Richalloyd
First Poster
Options
Come on Samsung. You've created the pocket dialling issue. Get it sorted, I've just had a warning from the police for time wasting due to this.
0 Likes
Swiftnick64
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. My new A54 has been doing this almost daily too - dialling 999 and taking random screen shots in my pocket - I've followed the advice about settings etc but it still does it. Did anyone get this sorted?  Thanks.

A54 5G
0 Likes
Hamster3
Student
Options

Yep same here  dialled 999 on several occasions since I got a54.

Clearly when the lock screen is exposed the only button that will do anything is the emergency call as its highly unlikely you could accidently enter your four digit pin. Emergency call bypasses security measures so its really easy for that button to be pressed accidently. 

Hamster3
Student
Options

As others have said samsung and android should be giving an option to get rid of it as it seems to be wasting a hell of a lot of police time not only here in uk but around the world

AndrewL
Options

@Hamster3: If you have inadvertently called the emergency services, then please follow the steps below in order to disable the Emergency SOS feature. 

Settings > Safety and emergency > Emergency SOS > Switch the toggle to 'Off'. 

0 Likes
Members_mQvhKtB
First Poster
Options

I do not have that toggle button - the first option on that page is the countdown option - nothing where the screenshot says it should be

Members_mQvhKtB_0-1687514281656.png

I have an SM-A525F/DS, OneUI 5.1, Android 13

thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Members_m93RtwE
First Poster
Options

I did this, but still had another emergency call!

0 Likes