Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo editing tools GONE? Live focus and all photo editing tools disappeared with the new update!

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 02:16 PM)
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

The biggest reason I bought the S20+ was the camera and photo editing tools. Seriously used them ALL-THE-TIME and they've all disappeared with the latest update. Live focus is gone, portrait editing tools... gone. Is there a way to roll back the update? This was the biggest feature of the phone I use. What's the solution? And yes, I've found you can now take photos in Portrait Mode and make adjustments that way, but seriously, who edits photos before they take them? That's just ludicrous. I snap away, pick a favorite or two, and fine-tune that one. 

46 REPLIES 46
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

The s20 latest update from 3/14/21, One UI 3.1. Everything was there and working as usual before the update.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As per my previous post...  G98**XXU7DUC7

DUC7 for the S20 series.

It only started rolling out a few hours ago in Germany. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

That's what mine looked like before the update. I'm learning it's the new UI version 3.1 that changed it. Those features are now supposed to be integrated into the photo as you shoot, and you're not able to adjust and edit the photo afterwards. Very, very frustrating. 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I use the S21 ultra which ONLY uses One UI3.1.   If your phone does not have the options, then it is a clear bug.  

Just be patient and await an update to fix this problem... i doubt it is a permanent feature to your phone.  As @ironass mentions above, there is another update coming your way very soon. 

Once it has, then you can edit again to your own content :smiling-face:

Smiley.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't got the update yet so I'll probably hold off on it. Curious though, did you have the flash overexposure problem in the earlier 3.1 update? Has the new update fixed it?
0 Likes
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

I did not have the flash issue previously. It was all working so perfectly... sigh. Good luck! 

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
What's frustrating is the older OneUI 3.1 release clearly has the features, however this new one they're rolling out, does not. I'm still on the older 3.1 release for the S20, so it's still there on mine.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
does this mean we are expecting the same functions to disappear on the S21 range on the next update ? I would be surprised if they were removing these functions... but I guess we will see.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Look on the bright side. If that's you in the photo you don't need to do any editing like some 🙂

SazBuz
First Poster
Options

Totally agree this is the worst 'update' ever. Exactly - who decides up front what filters etc they want. It is taking me way more time to edit photos using an external app now. I would like more post processing editing in the gallery app or yup next time back to Apple.

0 Likes