Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting since update.

(Topic created on: 26-07-2024 11:48 AM)
BeckBee86
First Poster
Options
I have a samsung Galaxy S21 5G and since the last update it just resets itself. There is no consistency to which app and the apps I've been using I have cleared the cache and the data. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated as it is so frustrating when my phone keeps just crashing when I am using it!
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BeckBee86 

Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause a conflict and should try the device in Safe Mode https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  If ok there would pinpoint recent third party apps which may be a problem  (if applicable)

If not the issue you may need to clear the cache partition , this deletes temporary cache files (sometimes some can become corrupted)  but keeps your Data intact and is recommended after updates.  

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Connect To Computer ,TV USB or other Device, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If able can also use the Galaxy Apps Booster from the Good Guardians suite, The Repair Apps option in Recovery no longer seems to be available.    https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/07/23/download-the-latest-samsung-good-guardians-galaxy-labs-app/  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

pissedoff88
Apprentice
Options
My s21 does the same but it only happens after an update. I dont know anything about 3rd party apps etc but my phone only does the restarts after an update so I think it must be a fault with the updates. I wont be buying any more samsung phones.
0 Likes