Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periods of No Network when Wireless Charging in car

(Topic created on: 26-07-2024 09:09 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options

Like a lot of people I use a fast wireless charger in my car (S24 Ultra 1tb)

I use this mainly to keep my phone topped up when I'm working i.e. with the sat nav running and streaming radio or music etc and also acts as hands free to receive calls etc. If I don't top up the charge the sat nav would eat the battery life

I have noticed regularly that the internet drops periodically causing blank spots in the radio or music, usually for  short periods i.e. 10 or 20 secs but sometimes  longer or the connection drops completely and wont reconnect giving the no network or no signal etc despite there being a strong mobile signal so you have to close and reopen the streaming app at which point it usually re-joins the network. Obviously this is not possible whilst driving so you have to drive without the app until you stop so it can be a pain especially if listening to an article on the radio.  I believe that it also knocks out the DAB in the car whilst wireless charging

I have read in other posts on line about wireless chargers and apparently the network connection drops when the phone mount/wireless charger starts charging and this happens each time to wireless charger activates to charge the phone, which explains the periodic unexplained network drops despite there being a good network signal.  I do appreciate there are black spots where networks have no coverage but Im talking about a no network message when there is a strong signal

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they solved it, maybe Samsung are already aware of this and at some point a fix may be in an update (If it can be fixed).  Maybe there are particular brands or wireless technologies that don't like Samsung's or vice versa but from what I can gather it isn't restricted to a specific model or even brand of phone

Thank you for reading

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Critical Djin
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same problem! I would drop my Galaxy s24 Ultra on the wireless Qi pad in my Tiguan 2019 and the network connection would be lost within 5 minutes of driving and I have to restart (!) the phone to regain network connection. I'm not sure if this is a overheating issue (cause it can get quite warm) but it's ridiculous. I live in The Netherlands and there are pretty much no black spots in the country at all where I could have no network, especially on the freeway.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I've noticed the overheating on the wireless fast charger 15w, in the car but it only seems to get really hot if the charge in the phone is really low especially if the weather is hot and sunny. But the black spots and loss of connection happen frequently regardless of the phone temp.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
A solution may be to deactivate the wireless and plug the charger in the phone via USB-c but that would defeat the purpose and would put heavy wear and tear on the charger port but maybe for long journeys
0 Likes