Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number in About after port

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 02:32 PM)
JonnyPC
Journeyman
Options
Hi people, hope someone can help.

Recently ported my number to a new network but the about section on my S21 amd the Sim Manager section still show the old number that cam with the sim.

It's not causing any massive issues but it is annoying as my contact is asking me to add the old number to my profile and when I add a new card to Google Pay I get a warning that tells me my actual number isn't the one for this mobile.

Can anyone shed any light on how this can be amended? I've contacted my network operator and they said the port is fully complete on there end so there is nothing they can do.
Go to solution
52 REPLIES 52
AndrewL
Options

@JonnyPC: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Sadly it isn't possible to amend the displayed number in Settings > About Phone, although I am surprised that it is showing your old number. Have you tried restarting the phone to see if this helps? If so, you may wish to reach out to your network to request a SIM swap, to see if a fresh SIM addresses the issue. 

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I'm looking at the watch for my next purchase 🤣,not yet tho,had to buy the Mrs her birthday presents 🙄🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
😂😂 I have that problem soon, I have settled down now have decided I'm happy with the s20 and it will see me through to the S22, I have an active 2 its lovely but the watch 3 is much more robust but much more expensive too
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah I probably need to slow down also😅,got the Mrs iPad air for her birthday (she likes apple products),plus s21 ultra and s7 tab for myself,should maybe stop buying.............but kind of want the watch tho 🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's a fair bit of cash, but then I have bought a whole samsung eco system, since November I have bought S20 5G watch active 2 galaxy buds pro and S7 tab, I think if I was to change the phone before next January I would probably be my last ever upgrade 🤣🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
on a side not tho I got massive discounts on everything the S20 being the biggest discount
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
that's fair enough then,I will try not to buy anything else............but I know deep down it probably won't happen 🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
same here, the problem is my Mrs is not onboard so I struggle, she has an s10e before that she had an iPhone 4, she has my old ipad 2018 before that she had an ipad 2nd gen (2012 I think) she has a pair of £30 bluetooth headphones and my old galaxy watch 😩 so she has a dim view on the amount of money apple and Samsung have had of me 🤣
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
🤣 oh dear,I couldn't survive with that old tech.........I'm a sucker for new tech.
I mean it's not just buying the phone I've also bought 4 cases,3 camera protectors and 2 screen protectors,and I haven't bought them because I needed them either 🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
wow that's funny, I never have case or screen protector this s20 is 4 months old and not a mark, I love my tech as well but I really want to try and upgrade every other series rather than every year but it ain't going to happen my issue was switching from apple to Sammy too often I have all the apple accessories too just no iPhone but I don't use them lol, defo sticking to samsung now though
0 Likes