Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Old number in About after port

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 05:00 PM)
JonnyPC
Journeyman
Options
Hi people, hope someone can help.

Recently ported my number to a new network but the about section on my S21 amd the Sim Manager section still show the old number that cam with the sim.

It's not causing any massive issues but it is annoying as my contact is asking me to add the old number to my profile and when I add a new card to Google Pay I get a warning that tells me my actual number isn't the one for this mobile.

Can anyone shed any light on how this can be amended? I've contacted my network operator and they said the port is fully complete on there end so there is nothing they can do.
52 REPLIES 52
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea same im just not sure if I want to loose water resistant
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
OK so this is no joke this time. I have decided why have 1 phone when you can have 2 🤣 its only a cheapy I have bought a galaxy m51 so solve my battery issues it has a 7000 mah battery 🤣 will probably use the s20 for daily life and use the m51 for work as I have many hours sat waiting at work and I use the phone as a sat nav, so I have managed to sort my urge for a new device cheaply 🤣🤣🤣 job done that should be me till next year now
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
also the Mrs didn't go spare 👍😀
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
ah used the "I need it for work" speech on the Mrs 🤣.
seriously tho I've just been reading the reviews on it, that's a good phone especially for the price.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I haven't so this is my one chance, I just need a screen protector to peel off and a box to open, yea the m51 is ace, have my s20 for power and camera and have my m51 for long battery life as say if we go camping or something can just swap the phones over as well 😃
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
you'll have to let me know what it's like when you get it.im excited for your box opening 😅
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I cant wait for the box opening, yea will let you know hopefully this will be the first samsung phone to finally beat that pesky iphone 11 pro I had for battery
0 Likes
Solution
Old number in About
First Poster
Options

I finally got it changed.  realizing this is an older topic, I did want to let you all know what worked after exhausting every other area known to mankind.  Go into your cellular provider store and ask them to sway out the SIM card  They will take your old SIM out, scan the new SIM, and put it in.  Instantly it's all resolved.  At this point, you can go to Settings/About Phone and see your correct phone number.  It's better to get this taken care of than to just settle and accept the wrong number showing up.   This is the only way to have the correct phone number show up in your S21 device.  

Members_LHMkIiT
First Poster
Options

thanks for sharing the solution, I'll give it a go!

sounds like a bug that could be fixed though if it doesn't happen with other devices?

0 Likes
Members_iOIHxZE
First Poster
Options

Just replying to let anyone who reads this know there is a fix other than asking for a new SIM card from your network. Put the sim card in an iphone for 5 mins, then back in your Samsung. I don't know why this works, but I used to work in a phone shop and this was the fix I used. It's not a fault, it's been like this on Samsung phones for years (back to S8 at least), not sure if it's a security setting. Doesn't affect the phone/SIM's function in any way, but if it annoys you seeing the wrong phone number, then put the sim in an iPhone for 5 mins (you could use a friend/family member's iPhone).

0 Likes