Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Alarm Bug

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 07:17 PM)
Serious_Up
Apprentice
Options

Even after updating to Android 10 on my S9, the native clock still has a bug where it is incorrectly reporting the next alarm to third-party apps like my weather app widget.  For example, if my next alarm is set for 7:00, the widget displays 6:55 (always 5 minutes off).  I've tried installing the Google clock app and this problem does not exist when setting an alarm in that clock app (i.e. next alarm is shown correctly in the weather widget).  The weather app developer has also confirmed this is a Samsung issue.  This problem has existed for some time now.  What is Samsung doing about this?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
tpm369
First Poster
Options

Issue on GS9+ I have alarm set to 5:00AM (my local time) on the default Samsung alarm clock app, and the "SM-G965U Next Alarm" is showing as 10:55:01.000Z.Samsung s9 plus next alarm sensor.png  Local time is shown as 4:55 AM ( 5 minutes before the  5:00 AM alarm)  This is causing a 3rd party app to go off at 3:55AM (CST (my local time)).

0 Likes
MR_Z
Journeyman
Options

Just got my Fold 3 and the issue is still there. 

This is my 3rd Samsung device in a row with this issue so present (different models). Come on Samsung just take a look at it and fix it. 

It should be possible to see your next alarm using normal widgets including ones from 3rd parties. 

I've tried multiple weather widgets same issue. 

0 Likes
JeffC73
Apprentice
Options

In the Samsung clock app, try turning the upcoming alarm notification. by default it is set to 5 minutes. It basically gives you the option to turn the alarm off before it goes off if you wake up and wake up your phone. This might fix the 5 min error as it may be seeing this notification instead of the actual alarm time. 

0 Likes