Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network data status

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 11:18 PM)
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
Why the network connection sign is there when I'm connected to WiFi? Never been there before! Is that means that I'm using both WiFi and mobile data same time? On my partners s21 is not there while connected to WiFi. 
My phone is s21 ultra.
Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To use WiFi exclusively, settings, WiFi, advanced and turn off switch to mobile data.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
vegancat
First Poster
Options
Yes just got my new a12 galaxy today...thought I was using WiFi but alarmed to see data already all used up today 1st day ! Must be using mobile network not WiFi if both available...surely there should be option to have setting that WiFi used if available not mobile network ?
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Go into data settings and check if data booster is on and if your data plan on tariff is low you can also activate data saver.

Screen shot of data booster option added from my phone.Screenshot_20210808-110746_Settings.jpg
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To use WiFi exclusively, settings, WiFi, advanced and turn off switch to mobile data.
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
Hi the two are probably showing as your voice calls are on 4g not on WiFi.
You would need to see if your carrier supports this and it is enabled.
A7madmotaw3
First Poster
Options

I've the same issue and its driving me crazy, I tried all the settings options..searched the internet with no luck, people saying its normal..no its not, I've used s2, note 2, note 5, note 8, note 9 and it has never been like this till I used s21 ultra..any luck resolving this issue?

0 Likes
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
Followed solution from Pugs1957. Go to settings, connections, WiFi, three dots and advanced and then make sure that switch to mobile data is off. That sorted my concerns 👍
0 Likes