Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 07:32 AM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
Members_X5tf71S
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am facing the same issue like you with my S9. Did you found a way to fix it, is driving me mad 😠 TIA 

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

Hey all.

Samsung will not take responsibility for the lousy quality of their s9 screens and will not recall faulty s9's.

That being said, after a LONG time trying to fight them, I quit and got another Phone, which was already loong due.

Either you are under warranty and MAKE SAMSUNG pay for their own mistake, or you are absolutely screwed. It is indeed a screen issue and it is very costly, to the point that it doesn't pay off to repair (in my country, Portugal, it would cost 250 euro to replace the screen, while used S9 go for around 200 euro). 

FOR SHAME SAMSUNG, YOU PUT BUYERS, WHO TRUSTED IN THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCT, IN A SAD POSITION.

0 Likes
Lry1
First Poster
Options

Turning AOD works on me but lasted only for 1 month. Now I'm on max brightness settings and turned off adaptive display, but the problem is the battery consumption. I've tried all the resetting and  cache clearing and nothing happened. If someone find a solution to this please share it. Thanks

0 Likes
Mimi silver
First Poster
Options

My phone started to present this issue a few months ago flickers and flashes and sometimes shows a green horizontal line , then the latest update came out which resolved it for a while but now its just started again. I cleared the cache it still happening. Also when it first happened I factory reset the phone which didn't resolve either. If we are all experiencing the same issue its not our fault they need to fix in the next update as it hasn't worked with the last update. Frustrating im in new zealand so on that latest update not sure if there's any newer since.

0 Likes
JPSN
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. No solution found.

Bye Samsung, you just lost an old customer! No patience for such deffect!

What an unacceptable defect!!

0 Likes
ashigro
First Poster
Options

i started facing this problem yesterday (3rd Oct) and phone was not letting me even sign-in as screen was almost invisible flickering black green. Today it somehow worked by itself, i have logged-in and facing intermittent flicker.

Observations:

1. Flicker happens even when phone is powered off and charging with charge percentage visible on screen.

2. Power button causes screen flash and goes blank when issue is at its worst and nothing is visible on screen.

3. Intermittently managed to recreate issue similar to one youtube video where reducing brightness caused the flicker and when increased flicker was gone.

0 Likes
S9 series
First Poster
Options

I am facing this issue in my phone  When I tap the screen for unlock my phone working perfectly but when I press power button or fingerprint for unlock my phone Flickring starts.

Recently I  go to 2 Samsung cares at Bhubaneswar  1 care engineer says display will change the cost will 14000 inr and and another care engineer says the motherboard issue the replacement cost will around 20000 inr. Just imagine which type of engineer hired by Samsung  !!!

0 Likes
Patel2
First Poster
Options

Found a simple solution that almost resolved this issue. Looks like this issue comes with low screen brightness. Set screen brightness to more than 50% and disable auto brightness and phone doesn't flicker at all. 

Hope this would be helpful.

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

That is a temporary solution. In the end, the screen will stop working and you will have to buy another phone as I did. If your phone is still under warranty, rush to fix it and sell it! S9's are. Piece of trash.

0 Likes