Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Or Speaker Problems

(Topic created on: 03-09-2023 02:22 PM)
upnorth
Student
Options
I Got The S21 Ultra. And Only Just Noticed The Microphone Is Pretty Much Gone From Apps. If i record something on like snap u cant hear anything. But on camera u can hear from the top. And when i try the assistance with my voice i have to shout or it wont hear me. Does Anyone Know What This Is. And how much it will be to fix 

Ps If I Listen to tiktoks the speakers are both fine so idk what to do need to know if its easy fix as i need it for an airshow next week
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@upnorth: Do you have a case/cover on your S21 Ultra? If so, please try removing it temporarily to see if this helps, as it may be obstructing your microphone. To test the hardware, head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics > Mic, and follow the on-screen instructions. Can you hear yourself clearly during the playback for each test? 

upnorth
Student
Options
Yeah ive took my case off and done diagnostic and found something is wrong with Mic 1 (i believe at the bottom). Is there A way to change the mics to the top mics only or would i have to get the bottom mic fixed
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@upnorth: It isn't possible to assign a particular microphone for use with apps and features on your device, I'm afraid. If you have highlighted an issue with Mic 1 using the Diagnostics tool, then this may need to be looked at by an authorised engineer. In the meantime, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the device and resolve any software issues that might be affecting your microphone. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. 

0 Likes
upnorth
Student
Options
Yeah already did that twice. Im just gonna take it in to a shop next week see if they can put it back in its place. Thanks for the help tho
0 Likes