Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost network Connectivity s21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 07:55 PM)
jimmyrinse
Explorer
Options

Had the phone since release day with no issues until today, not sure if its anything to do with the update that was released today or not.

Started throwing up a roaming error even though i'm at home which went on and off a few times, now I have zero connectivity from my sim it just shows like a no entry sign where my signal strength should be.

I've tried restarting the phone, resetting network settings, tried sim in another phone, put 2 sims into the s21 but both show no signal, manually set up apn settings with no change.

29 REPLIES 29
Bryan m
First Poster
Options

It's a it's a problem with Netgear routers.I would have the same problem even though everything else in my house connected fine. After I changed routers it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
jimmyrinse
Explorer
Options

It's nothing to do with the router as I'm talking about mobile network connectivity.

Doesn't matter now as I've sent it all back for a refund which might I add I'm still waiting for. Terrible customer service, won't be buying Samsung again, ever.

0 Likes
ChrisO17
First Poster
Options
I have this exact same issue, done all the same resets and nothing has worked, also works fine in my old phone
0 Likes
Bryan m
First Poster
Options

I figured it out. Apparently the unlocked phone doesn't have Network management for carriers like the carrier branded phones.I returned my unlocked s21 ultra and bought a Verizon branded s21 ultra and it gets better service than my note 20 ultra now.

0 Likes
Bryan m
First Poster
Options

Did you buy an unlocked phone? I had to return my unlocked phone and purchase a carrier branded phone now it works fine.

0 Likes
ChrisO17
First Poster
Options
It was pre ordered via Vodafone, worked perfectly fine since launch day and now all of a sudden won't connect at all. samsung are collecting it on Monday to look into it
0 Likes
jimmyrinse
Explorer
Options

Well best thing I did was send the lot back, Samsung customer service is atrocious they sent me replacements instead  Of refunding, then wouldn't refund until the replacements I didn't ask for were returned. Now over a month on I have only been refunded so far for a case I ordered with the phone. Still waiting for the actual phone to be refunded.

Sick to death of phoning them to listen to someone in a call centre apparently on the far side of the moon using a yogurt pot on a piece of string as a communication device. You would think as you are paying a premium price for a phone you would get a decent level of service after they took your money but no. 

Happy now though I got the mi 11 instead with better performance for almost half the price, won't ever be buying Samsung again they are a rip off. Just waiting to see how long it takes before they refund me in full then I can forget I ever bothered with a galaxy phone.

0 Likes
rsn006
First Poster
Options

Hey, im having the exact same issue with my S21 Ultra, 3 weeks ago the network started playing up, then data stopped working, then it started saying emergency calls only.. similar issues with horrible samsung repair service they kept telling me the phone was fine its a network issue, i had to take a video comparing side by side with another phone to prove the issue. after 10 years being with Samsung and never dealt with their repair service before, id think twice to buy another Samsung.. finally yesterday i got an email saying they have acknowledged the issue and sending it to repair centre. i ll see what happens. meanwhile i purchased an oppo what an excellent phone for the money.. i am just very very disappointed with Samsung service. 

0 Likes
AlexRo
Explorer
Options
So they fixed the problem ?
0 Likes
AlexRo
Explorer
Options
Hi ! Do you fix the problem ?
0 Likes