Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keypad and DTMF tones not working during a call

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 11:06 AM)
taffw
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and it seems to be upto date with all software. basically during a call the keypad and DTMF tones don't work, so when i'm through to say a call centre when it says please enter option 1 or 2 etc, it doesn't register at all so very frustrating. I did a chat with Samsung and tried all the things he suggested but nothing. He then said well you will have to contact our Samsung Web developers !! which is frankly quite dissappointing. It still isn't fixed and means I can't do thing like contact my bank or enter payment details during a call. I've come over from Apple and so far not impressed at all. Does anybody have the same issues or any suggestions. i'm on Vodafone. This to me is basic called but it doesn't seem to work or is my phone faulty?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
fredthebeagle
First Poster
Options

This solution worked for me.  I have MetroPCS and the NameID app was interfering with me being able to use the touchpad to make selections when calling my bank and credit union.  I disabled it and it worked fine.

0 Likes
Flyer
First Poster
Options

@MVP wrote:

I checked that too.. it's actually in 3 dots -> Settings -> Call Alerts and Ringtones -> Play Keypad Tones.
Th option has always been set to ON, and still no DTMF tones on this stupid phone.  I turned it off and on agian to no avail.

@MVP wrote:

I checked that too.. it's actually in 3 dots -> Settings -> Call Alerts and Ringtones -> Play Keypad Tones.
Th option has always been set to ON, and still no DTMF tones on this stupid phone.  I turned it off and on agian to no avail.

@MVP wrote:

@MVP wrote:

This ixe

@MVP wrote:

The fix worked for my S10 G5

0 Likes
daren2268
Apprentice
Options

I have upgraded from an s8 which did work perfectly and i only changed it to an S10 just to keep up with progress!

Big mistake... the S10 is most defernatley a step backwards............! and a waste of money

1 of my main usess for it was controlling an alarm using DTMF tones,,,,, i have sat on the computer for hours since i purchased this phone trying to figure out how to do it! No Chance!

We are on Lockdown now and need DTMF for soooooooooooo many things even to ring Samsung but cannot!!

i have emailed them, sent them contact forms ect ect and i am totally dismayed,,, (i am trying to be pleasent!!) with the service back up!! there is none!!

There are also soooooo many simple app that people rely on that are missing,,,, the simple notification light is not a function,,,,,, you have to download a secondary app for that!

My advice,, avoid the latest Samsungs at all cost! Because Samsung have failed in everyway this time

SuperSize66
Student
Options

Hey guys, for the benefit of me and my simple brain - what exact steps do i need to do to get the in call keypad working?

Thanks

0 Likes
daren2268
Apprentice
Options

I never got my dtmf to work and control anything..never got any response from Samsung after 18 emails. So i have demoted myself back to my old S8 that does everything that the s10 doesn't and more and have a rethink on buying another brand in future and I suggest you do the same as you have already wasted your money... ps, my granddaughter who is 5 enjoys watching tv on the s10... it's an expensive kids toy now!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This is clearly not what I would like to hear @daren2268 , are you able to tell us what email address have you sent these to? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far to make this work?

0 Likes
49CAN
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have this problem intermittenlty, strange thin is that tones might not work at all, or might even work at the start of a call thn fail - weird!

Samsung help told me to clear cache from the app - that works temporoarily. However I found a quicker way. Just click the three bars bottom left to show all apps, find the phone app, kill it by swiping upwards. 

Your DTMF tones will then work (for a while at least).

@SAMSUNG - this has been going on for over a year - PLEASE fix.

0 Likes
SuperSize66
Student
Options

Hey so for my simple brain when you say find the phone app and swipe up to kill it do you mean make sure it's not on the background after you've cleared the cache?

0 Likes
49CAN
Apprentice
Options

In my case I foiund I didn't need to clear cache.

So hit the three bars bottom left to show all active apps, scroll to the phone app, swipe up - that stops it, I guess it then restarts automatically in the background

Then go to the home screen and start a new call, in my case that is enough to get in-call DTMF tones working again. However this fix lasts for some indeterminate time and the problem will recur.

My wife has the same problem on her S10 - same workaround fixes it for her.

So @Samsung - pls fix, it's so totally unacceptable.

0 Likes
DeanoPerfetto
Student
Options
What ?
0 Likes