Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keypad and DTMF tones not working during a call

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 08:18 PM)
taffw
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and it seems to be upto date with all software. basically during a call the keypad and DTMF tones don't work, so when i'm through to say a call centre when it says please enter option 1 or 2 etc, it doesn't register at all so very frustrating. I did a chat with Samsung and tried all the things he suggested but nothing. He then said well you will have to contact our Samsung Web developers !! which is frankly quite dissappointing. It still isn't fixed and means I can't do thing like contact my bank or enter payment details during a call. I've come over from Apple and so far not impressed at all. Does anybody have the same issues or any suggestions. i'm on Vodafone. This to me is basic called but it doesn't seem to work or is my phone faulty?

79 REPLIES 79
bottler
First Poster
Options

This worked perfectly, thanks!

0 Likes
Sharon71
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I've tried everything everyone has suggested and it "sometimes " works. Its driving me crazy as there doesnt seem to be any rhyme nor reason. I hope Samsung resolve it soon or I'll have to return to being an apple slave arrrggghhhh!!!
Sharon71
Apprentice
Options

Thanks BTJ, I agree it's a major flaw. I put my phone on silent every night and I think this then resets my volume on the dial pad to 0. However (and only sometimes) if I hang up and retry I can get the key pad to work during a call. Not great when your late to a conference call because you've tried 3 times and then cant mute yourself because its stops working half way through lol. Your way more technically savvy than me so you probably understand what it is I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help though, I will remember to reset my volume each day

justme4
First Poster
Options
I tried to reach my doctor after hours last Friday and could not because the phone key pad wouldn't register anything. It was a bit of an emergency situation (involving mix up of medication called to pharmacy) and I wasn't able to speak to my doctor until Monday. I STILL can't seem to find any kind of resolution on any webpage including this one.
0 Likes
Kuzefra
First Poster
Options

This is a big problem for me too. I have a Galaxy S9. I have a work-around rather than a solution, but it works. It was mentioned before but I hope I can be clearer.

When you're in a call, don't open the "Phone" app again. Swipe down on the Notifications area and tap on the green bar for the "Call Already in Progress." That keypad should work. You should notice one keypad has a black background and one has a light gray background. That's how you can tell them apart.

0 Likes
putneyboy
First Poster
Options

This worked for me - Exact Steps

Settings>Sound and Vibration>System Sound/vibration control>Dialing Keypad turned it to ON

Andy_Cookham
Student
Options

@putneyboy wrote:

This worked for me - Exact Steps

Settings>Sound and Vibration>System Sound/vibration control>Dialing Keypad turned it to ON

Works for me too.  Thanks very much

0 Likes
Andy_Cookham
Student
Options

This is weird. It worked at lunchtime - tested on a couple of calls. Now not working. 

What is going on?

I have recieved a WhatsApp call meanwhile?

0 Likes
Mike125
Student
Options

This worked for me as well. I had the system sounds muted and it did not work but as soon as i unmuted the system sounds it started woriing. Thanks!

0 Likes
Mike125
Student
Options

I am assuming the DND is muting your system sounds. THat is what mine was doing until i changed the system sounds.

0 Likes