Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove OneUI 5 Beta?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:56 AM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

This has been posted a few times, but no one has provided an actual answer which is a bit of a worry.

I'd like to remove the Beta and return to normal, stable software.

I have clicked the WITHDRAW button in the Samsung Members app and ticked all the boxes there (will no longer allow me to provide feedback as I am now withdrawn, so I know that's worked).

I've downloaded an up to date version of Smart Switch, plugged my phone in and all starts up perfectly.

I'm then presented with a screen giving me 2 options, BACKUP or RESTORE, everything I've read indicates that I should be clicking on DOWNGRADE (or something similar), neither of the two options given allows me to remove the beta and return to normal.....so where do I go from here?, a few people have asked it but no answers are actually given.

Cheers,

RichSamsung.jpg

Go to solution
47 REPLIES 47
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
The problem is that yup can download the latest version from Samsung. Unlike other manufacturers, they keep them under lock and key. You have to download it from 3rd party locations.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Are my posts now being deleted?.  I've posted an update twice and both times they've been removed?

0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Well, the saga continues.  The Factory Reset fixed nothing at all.  The first Guys promise of "do the reset, if that doesn't work, we'll get an Engineer to call to your house and reflash the software" has now turned into, on the second call back, we need to check with the Engineering Team to even see if the Beta software CAN be removed.......

The call taker basically said that she cannot progress my case until she's spoken to the Engineering Team, they close at 18:00 and I called at 18:20.  I advised that I'm essentially now without a phone so need something organising ASAP, so was given the contact numbers of the Engineering Team to call myself.

So I plan on calling them tomorrow morning.  I made enquiries on a warranty claim as my phone is now essentially not as advertised after installing official Samsung software and was advised that they cannot discuss this until they'd checked with the Engineering Team, they would tell the Customer Service Team if a repair was not possible....

So when it says contact the Service Centre for a software roll back, it seems they are actually incapable of rolling back the software.  At this stage the beta software seems to be permanent and a "roll back" as suggested in point 11 of the T&C's isn't actually possible.  Once you're in it, you cannot leave......

I will keep you all posted on here as things progress, I didn't expect this drama at all.

0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
That's just ridiculous. So it now sounds as though they've gone ahead and released something without actually thinking about what will happen if people want to rollback... what a complete sh*tshow! 😡
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

I know.....I can't even blame not reading the small print, because I did and was comfy in the knowledge that I could dip in and out if I didn't like/want it.....sadly that was only 50% true.  It's like a cult, once you're in, they never let you leave.

GrayT72
Explorer
Options

That sounds like the Apple ethos... 😂

Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

YES MR JOBS......

0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
Well, the firmware I downloaded from SamMobile has worked I'm at this moment restoring my data from the last backup.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Excellent stuff. I might have to go that route if I don't get any joy tomorrow. Guessing the process was straight forward?...I actually got to the point of restoring from a saved firmware, but obviously didn't have the required firmware.

Fingers crossed the restoring goes well. I've not bothered fully restoring mine as I know it'll need another wipe either way.
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
It was pretty straight forward yeah. The only thing you needed to do also that the document on sammobile says not to, is to include all the different files, not just the one for AP. At first I just followed their details and I got an error on restart about the phone not booting. Its because you need to restore all the types with it being Android 13.