Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove OneUI 5 Beta?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:56 AM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

This has been posted a few times, but no one has provided an actual answer which is a bit of a worry.

I'd like to remove the Beta and return to normal, stable software.

I have clicked the WITHDRAW button in the Samsung Members app and ticked all the boxes there (will no longer allow me to provide feedback as I am now withdrawn, so I know that's worked).

I've downloaded an up to date version of Smart Switch, plugged my phone in and all starts up perfectly.

I'm then presented with a screen giving me 2 options, BACKUP or RESTORE, everything I've read indicates that I should be clicking on DOWNGRADE (or something similar), neither of the two options given allows me to remove the beta and return to normal.....so where do I go from here?, a few people have asked it but no answers are actually given.

Cheers,

RichSamsung.jpg

Go to solution
47 REPLIES 47
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
They'll have to come up with something. If their stores can do it they need to free it up for everyone. Their nearest store to me is literally over a hundred miles away so that's not an option.
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
I'm actually lucky as I live around 15mls away from one. But for you it's just not an option and it's beyond stupid that no one on here is able to take ownership of this mess to ensure we can continue to use their products with minimal issue. I've been using Samsung's for almost 10yrs now and have stuck with them, but after this, I may well take my money elsewhere. I know some will say its a beta, what do you expect. But the issue isn't with the beta, its with the fact we cannot downgrade back, which isn't beta, that's live software available to the public and this needs to be addressed ASAP.
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

Well, to give you a bit of an update, the customer service at the stores are just as bad as what they are on the website!!! I'm raging atm... I went into the store only to be told that they will have to book me in and the nearest date would be NEXT FRIDAY!!! Now bearing in mind this is nothing more than a FIFTEEN MINUTE job, I wasn't happy to be told this. The service manager proceeded to tell me that they are fully booked up and are really busy. BUSY, There was ONE person sat at the service desk area... Absolute f*cking joke!

0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options

If you want, you can download the latest firmware from SamMobile, you'll need to find out the correct file for your phone if it's operator locked though. It will take hours to download the firmware though as it has restricted bandwidth for free users. 

Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Yeah, I was reading that last night but in all honesty, after buying £1000 worth of phone and following manufacturers instructions, I don't feel like I should risk invalidating the warranty by downloading through a third party. If anything goes wrong, which it could, then that's me snookered.

I'm still shocked that there's no help offered on here.... I'd hoped that the forum would be moderated by people who were able to advise and help.
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
Yep, I totally agree with you. This has been reported almost since the day the beta was released, yet no one from Samsung seems to give two hoots that its happening and are continuing to try and push the beta to people knowing full well that people are getting screwed when trying to go back to the public version. I've no choice but to try the firmware from SamMobile. I can't be a week without my bank apps. I can't even get into my MFA accounts stored on authy because of this.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

On the phone to them now....worth a try, I know it'll be a case of "book yourself in to one of our stores"...but that's not what the small print reads.

0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

15 minutes into the call, the Guy initially said that it's not possible to downgrade the software and roll it back.  I've literally sat and read him the statement that we all read before installing it, and that it says we CAN remove software.  Now on hold while he speaks to someone about "modifying my device".....not optimistic at all.

He's now taken remote control of my phone using "Smart Tutor", has read point 11....he agrees that we should be able to roll back, he's read it on my screen.  He is advising that I need to go to my nearest store, explained that it's over 100 miles of driving and that's not an option.  I've enquired as it's Samsung software that has damaged my phone and as the small print says it should be as easy as clicking a button, shouldn't it be a warranty claim?.  He's looking into that.

0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
The service manager at my local store said to speak to Samsung and they could send someone out to do it. But you'll more than likely be waiting a week for that as well. I don't think this is a small issue, I think more and more people are going to end up with this same issue. I've seen very little of those who have taken themselves out of the programme and been able to roll back successfully.
0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
What the..... someone else said the same thing on another post. You're dealing with 1st line who are just sheet readers and know nothing... typical 🙄