Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove OneUI 5 Beta?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:56 AM)
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

This has been posted a few times, but no one has provided an actual answer which is a bit of a worry.

I'd like to remove the Beta and return to normal, stable software.

I have clicked the WITHDRAW button in the Samsung Members app and ticked all the boxes there (will no longer allow me to provide feedback as I am now withdrawn, so I know that's worked).

I've downloaded an up to date version of Smart Switch, plugged my phone in and all starts up perfectly.

I'm then presented with a screen giving me 2 options, BACKUP or RESTORE, everything I've read indicates that I should be clicking on DOWNGRADE (or something similar), neither of the two options given allows me to remove the beta and return to normal.....so where do I go from here?, a few people have asked it but no answers are actually given.

Cheers,

RichSamsung.jpg

Go to solution
47 REPLIES 47
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Yep, he's suggested nothing much that I've not tried, explained to him that I've spent the past two days trying to resolve this, so I've clicked every single button going.......if their software broke it, I'm not driving 100+ miles to get it resolved.  They can replace the phone.

A factory data reset is being suggested now.  I've advised that this would be pointless as it will just return it back to the wrong software, but at least I'll have wiped my phone.  The Guy is understanding, but has asked that I do it.  Once that's done, if it doesn't work, I've been promised a mobile tech will come to my door and reflash the new software, so I won't have to drive 100+ miles to get it resolved.....fingers crossed.

GrayT72
Explorer
Options
This is a complete joke...
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Not quite as advertised is it?....click the Downgrade button, I can't, it's doesn't exist.....OH DEAR.

GrayT72
Explorer
Options
I'm surprised I've not heard them tell you that you will have to wait until it becomes a full release before you can sort it.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Buy an Z Fold 4, that'll fix it....LOL.  Doing my final backup of everything, then going to factory reset it, WHEN (hopefully I'm wrong) that doesn't fix it, I'll be calling back.  How crazy that installing Samsung software does this...You'd think they'd look into things like this at least.

0 Likes
GrayT72
Explorer
Options
Be careful when you factory reset. I did that and it's removed all the apps that won't work due to the security certificates not being valid because Android 13 isn't yet certified.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Yeah, I figure it'll cost me time, but in all honesty, it's going to get a wipe either way....at least this will answer the question for you Guys if a factory wipe is worth the waste of time or not......I'm guessing not, but hey, I've been wrong before (just don't tell my better half I said that).

Just clicked the button on the factory reset....here we go.

GrayT72
Explorer
Options
Hope it works for you, it didn't for me. I've around 4hrs left to go to download the firmware, so hopefully I'll have my phone back up and running again for the end of the day.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
Well, even before entering my details, I already know I've wasted my time.....Screenshot_20220904_174901_Data Restore Tool.jpg
0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
This is the screen that greets me next.....download the latest official software.....I wish I'd thought of that.

Never again.Screenshot_20220904_175823_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes