Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen disappeared

(Topic created on: 16-12-2019 04:49 PM)
Herefordblade1
Student
Options

Put my phone  S10 to charge on wireless charger. Over night. Checked for updates and turned itself on and off. When I unlocked it all my apps on Home screen vanished. They were still on main app pages. Very strange never happened before. Any ideas !!!!

0 Likes
Go to solution
19 REPLIES 19
Shakedowngirl
First Poster
Options

Cleared out my entire homescreen, but since it was a replacement, it's possible that it never backed up my settings from yesterday before the updates downloaded overnight.

0 Likes
Lowpr069
First Poster
Options

This happened to me today with my note 10 plus with all updates installed as of today 10/2/20. Did the backup and restore to my most recent backup which was yesterday, and no did not work 😡. However I had an old backup from 9/5/20 from my S9. I went ahead and restored my home screen and apps from that, and it worked 😀. My home screen's a little dated but it's way better than nothing. If you have an older backup try that as well don't give up good luck to you

0 Likes
Lekter
First Poster
Options

Your solution worked! I'm so happy my phone is back to normal. Thanks a lot.😃 👍

0 Likes
kazzz
Student
Options

My phone went to 0% power, then I plugged it in.  After that my homescreen with wall paper and apps disappeared and a minimal one appeared.

I notice that the Power saving mode had gone to maximum power saving mode.  When I switched that off, the home screen returned

Rawbone62
First Poster
Options

Your solution fixed the very same problem I had this morning.
The minimal screen was indeed black with little apps I could access.
I did not realise it went black specifically to save power, because it was on a power cable and the battery  was 83%. A restart at that time did not switch off "power save mode": not very smart Samsung...

0 Likes
Dlbehl
First Poster
Options

This solution did not work for me.  I followed all the steps listed above: Go to settings, then Accounts and Backup, then Backup and Restore, then Restore Data.  I do not have categories Backup and Restore and Restore Data under settings as noted in the previous listing.  My phone is a Galaxy S10.

0 Likes
kazzz
Student
Options

Hello Dlbehl,

Here is another solution posted on this thread:

First Poster
OPTIONS
Galaxy S10 Series

My phone went to 0% power, then I plugged it in.  After that my homescreen with wall paper and apps disappeared and a minimal one appeared.

I notice that the Power saving mode had gone to maximum power saving mode.  When I switched that off, the home screen returned

Cheers,
Bob

0 Likes
Dlbehl
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the idea Kazzz.  I tried it but, unfortunately, that did not solve my issue.

0 Likes
Members_zXD52UA
First Poster
Options

Switching off the Power save mode did the trick.

After loosing my phone, I used the track my phone option to locate it in a changing room. I remotely switched on 'Save power function'. When I retrieved it, all the apps were gone, a black screen with minimal settings remained. I was puzzled. This post helped me to understand what I did wrong.

Thanks

0 Likes
Carldamron51
First Poster
Options
  • 👍 
0 Likes