Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else's s21 phone screen gone randomly black and turned off?

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 07:09 PM)
Hislam
Apprentice
Options
14 REPLIES 14
MIRAN_KEBAB
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem with my s10. Today my phone suddenly refused to output anything on the screen, pitch black. No response, nothing. But the phone was still perfectly fine. When I plugged it in it vibrated per usual indicating it taking a charge and when I shut it off forcibly using the volume down + power button combination it also vibrated indicating a restart. I was stuck on this for 4 hours trying to figure out what hapepned, contacted samsung support to no avail, but eventually I fixed it.

First I unlocked my phone (which removes all forms of passwords to unlock your phone) via the find my phone site from samsung. Then I installed the Dex app on my PC and connected my phone to it after installation. I pressed vaguely in the right-bottom corner which is where the notification of "Do you want to start Dex on this pc" pops up, and the Dex app on my pc flickered for a second and shut itself off. After that my phone screen miraculously turned back on and started working again. I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place but it worked for me and I hope it does for you.

0 Likes
NickOO
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem
0 Likes
Members_aZzezft
First Poster
Options

Same. My s21 FE is doing the same like 1-2 times a week. When "the thing" is happening my screen is black excluding my back button and edge panel. I cannot find what's the issue but I found a solution: when I connect my phone directly to a monitor my phone came back to life. 

Anyone has a solution? 

0 Likes
Groundfire
First Poster
Options

I work in a repair location. We experienced 2 separate issues within the last 2 weeks with s21. The screen is black, yet all notifications pop up, as well as charging status. The only way to get it back up is by doing forced reset (buttons) and then resetting the device. However, in our case, in both instances, the issue would come back right up IF THE POWER SAWING WAS TURNED ON. Everything else works. Both phones work normally if we leave the power-saving mode off.

I can only assume this is some type of a glitch with the latest software update? Samsung, maybe chime in?

0 Likes
segun1
First Poster
Options

how did you resolve this ?

0 Likes