Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 08:25 AM)
MattRyder74
Student
Options
Hi 
Does anyone have bad GPS signal on this phone?
No matter where I am in the country and whatever Sat Nav app I try it can't keep up and just says looking for GPS.
My wife has an iPhone and has great pleasure tell me that hers works fine.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@MattRyder74: Do you have a case or cover on your Galaxy S21? If so, please can you try removing it temporarily to see if you notice an improvement. Also, please head to Settings > Location > On > App permissions > Maps > Allowed all the time > Back > Location services > Google Location Accuracy > On > Wi-Fi scanning > On > Bluetooth scanning > On. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
MattRyder74
Student
Options
Hi

I have tried it with and without a case and it didn't make a difference. These settings were already on the only thing that wasn't was maps that was on ONLY WHEN USING THE APP would this have made a difference?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MattRyder74: Thank you for checking that for me. I have had a look into this, and when changing the permission status for Google Maps to 'Allow only when using this app' it does state via a pop up notification that the location feature may not function as intended. With this in mind, I recommend switching to 'Allow all the time' to see if it resolves your query. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem here on my S21 5G. Even factory reset TWICE didn't work. It is clearly is a update issue. Many other user are experiencing the same.

0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

Just sharing a possible solution I read:

1) Turn off GPS and Battery optimization.

2) Settings > Apps > Filter > Show system apps > Fused location > Force stop > Clear data.

3) Turn GPS on, wait a minute in a open area.

0 Likes