Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS verbal notification

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 08:37 AM)
Gheekers
Apprentice
Options
Hey. 

Looking for some advice on something that's just started to happen. I will get an audible alert. That says "your position on the map is unknown , then another about recording" there is a brief pause and it then will say "GPS connected". I haven't changed anything of late. And I am not using battery saving mode. 

S22 ultra. 
6 REPLIES 6
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options

Are you using google maps? Position on the map is unknown when someone makes unsolicited edits i.e. claims a business as their own and untags all pictures etc this is known to cause it. 

Any chance of a screenshot?

0 Likes
Options

Hey guys. I have this issue too. On my Galaxy S23, my phone just lies on the desk, and I'm not using it. Suddenly after 1h or so, it is telling me in English female voice: "GPS connected". Then it said in Polish male voice (this is my phone locale): "GPS connection lost".

Screen is black entire time.

What the? How to know which app is doing it??????????

0 Likes
Gheekers
Apprentice
Options
I fixed it by going into boot mode and clearing the cache.

connect USB cable to another device. I used a laptop.

- power off handset normally
- hold power and volume up until Samsung logo (handset vibrates).
- release buttons and handset will enter Recovery mode.
- navigate to Wipe Cache using volume up / down key
0 Likes
Options

Do we need to do this low level workaround each time this issue happens?

0 Likes
Gheekers
Apprentice
Options
I've only had to do it that one time. It wasn't that much of a hassle. But if it had to be done more often then it probably would need to be addressed.
0 Likes
Options

Common sense says that cache is not something that you clear only once :smiling-face:

But if that was the case for you, then I am happy about it :smiling-face:

0 Likes