Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of "unlock to see notifications" after restart

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 11:33 PM)
SlickRCBD
Student
Options

I'm out of work and looking for a job. I'm not leaving home for days at a time, so I'm turning my phone off so I know it's charged and ready when I need it.

However, unlike all my previous phones, I don't get text messages and sometimes it seems phone calls after turning on the phone until I unlock it for the first time. As there is a delay of several minutes between turning the phone on and being able to unlock it, it's not a simple matter of grabbing my phone, pressing the power button, and then grabbing my wallet and keys and leaving, but I have to wait for the phone to boot.

Is there any way to turn this "feature" off as it's more of an annoyance than a help. Make it so that the phone still boots locked, but I can get notified of any missed texts and receive phone calls  while I'm away without remembering to whip out my phone when I get to wherever it is  just to check for any texts or messages?

Yes, not being notified of texts while driving might have some supposed value, but it's not worth the hassle of having to remember to check the phone when it should be chiming up whenever there is a text.

So how do I turn off this "must unlock the phone after reboot" feature?

I'm using a Galaxy S105G if that helps.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Why not just leave your phone on all the time but keep Flight Mode enabled? All you'd have to do then is tap the button to disable it and check for calls and messages!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SlickRCBD: When you restart or power off/on your phone, it will take a couple of minutes to reboot as it runs through the app optimisation process. Even when the initial booting process has completed, and you reach your Lock screen, there will still be a brief period during which it loads your settings and widgets, so it's definitely worth unlocking your device to ensure that this process completes. 

If you're worried about your battery life while the phone isn't in use, then you may wish to place the device in Power saving mode via Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Power saving > On. Alternatively, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and activate/deactivate Power saving from here. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
SlickRCBD
Student
Options

The problem is that once I restart it only half way starts up until I unlock the phone, then it needs 2 more minutes for all the startup apps to start. I want to skip the unlock step and have everything started when I unlock the phone. It says "unlock phone to see notifications.