Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency alert test

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 03:50 PM)
Cocopops1298
Journeyman
Options
As we all know in the UK the emergency alert test has happened today at 3pm I have a Samsung s21 FE with my emergency alerts ON as I checked beforehand, I was also 5g connected but I never received the emergency alert today I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue? 
31 REPLIES 31
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@84RRY  oh right, it should have worked on Tablets and Smart watches with a Data connection.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Netty54
First Poster
Options
We didnt get emergency alert either and we both have Galaxy A53 5G and all emergency alerts are ON too. Guess it works as well as the NHS app did!!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Stu-art Another method of turning of Emergency Alerts is to go to Settings-Safety and Emergency-Wireless Emergency Alerts.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PandaJ
Journeyman
Options
I'm on Vodafone, my partner is on O2 with a Note 9 and it worked fine. But I know it was sent to my phone as I can see it if I look in previous alerts, just the app crashed so it didn't vibrate and alert my phone 😳
DJAshBash
Pioneer
Options
I had no issues on mu Note 20 Ultra, came through fine 🙂
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Got the alert on my S23Ultra, everything went as expected, no app crash and the alert had override my vibrate only setting.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Cocopops1298  Reports on the Guardian website that  a common factor in missed alerts is the Three Network or one of the smaller networks which use its infrastructure.

keith30
Maestro
Options
Apparently after reading some of the news report there has been quite a lot that never received it, or some got it early and some people got it quite a few times.
Miha2
Student
Options
I did not have it either. My phone was in the charger at the time my husbands has the S20 and did jot have it either
Miha2
Student
Options
Mine us on 3 same as my partners and my mum. Neither of as had it. 2 of as have Samsung( 20 and 21 ultra)