Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode issuee

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 07:57 AM)
TAM123
Student
Options
I have set my phone on sleep mode from 9:30pm through to 7am. This makes the screen go black and white and the sound go to silent mode. I turn my phone off for the night at about 10pm. When I turn it back on the following day usually way after 7am, it seems to turn the sound automatically back on for me, but for some reason my screen stays in dark mode, and I have to manually go in and switch it back to light mode! It's so annoying! Its funny because the main screens goes back to colour but when I go into my apps the colours are all in dark mode. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try, so it automatically goes back to light mode please? I have a standard sizs Samsung S21. Many thanks. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

If I understand correctly, you turn off your phone between 10pm and 7 am (or later). You do not gain much then by turning on the sleep mode at night.

If you keep the phone switched on at night, then are all the settings reverted correctly the next morning?

0 Likes
TAM123
Student
Options
I use sleep mode to tell me to stop using my phone whilst it's still on until I actually go to bed. By turning it to black and white it makes my brain realise I need to stop using it (well thats the thinking behind it...the reality is somewhat different 😉) I don't tend to keep my phone switched on all night but when I have done it on occasion it still has dark mode on but sleep mode does turn off.
Neo001
Legend
Options

😃👍.. have you reported this issue to Samsung Support? In the morning when the dark mode is not reverted, log an error report via Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports, within 5 mins of starting the phone.