Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check SIM Card Tray Error

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 02:30 PM)
Mark TKO
Explorer
Options

Hi

Posted on another thread but thought I'd start new one as the solve on that one was to have samsung support repair.

Keep getting the Check Sim Card Tray error on my S21 (new at xmas). I usually touch the screen to clear  the message though and then it finds a network fine. This won't happen for several hours then happen nearly all the time for a period, very annoying as calls will cut off in the middle etc my phone will be idle and calls not coming through etc.

I've done the sim card clean as support suggested, restarted, enabled flight mode etc as suggested but it just keeps coming back. A google search shows others having same issue and getting new sim cards or trays does not remedy it so this suggests its the phone - seems to be S20 and S21 phones.

A guy on another forum says he fixed it by doing the below but it means nothing to me ?!?

"If I update OTA then within minutes I get the sim card message.

If I then use ODIN to flash the full release then the sim card message disappears. (With keeping data)."

Grateful for any assistance. Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey @Mark TKO , hope you're having a lovely afternoon. :smiling-face:

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've mentioned, it sounds like you may need to reset your phone. For full steps, check out the following link:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

If this doesn't work, then as you've already had suggested before, having it inspected by one of our engineers (for a potential repair) might be the best option.

With regard to your other questions, the "OTA" is an over-the-air update (i.e. a software update).

Flashing isn't something I'd recommend as it can directly affect your software (and based on what you've described, I'm not sure it'd be successful).

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey @Mark TKO , hope you're having a lovely afternoon. :smiling-face:

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've mentioned, it sounds like you may need to reset your phone. For full steps, check out the following link:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

If this doesn't work, then as you've already had suggested before, having it inspected by one of our engineers (for a potential repair) might be the best option.

With regard to your other questions, the "OTA" is an over-the-air update (i.e. a software update).

Flashing isn't something I'd recommend as it can directly affect your software (and based on what you've described, I'm not sure it'd be successful).

0 Likes
Mark TKO
Explorer
Options

No Action Required ?

What do I do then

0 Likes
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Sorry about that. Had that in my clipboard for something else. Please see my edit above. 

0 Likes
Dinma
First Poster
Options

Hello Mark, 

My phone seems to be having the same issue, I've done a factory reset, cleaned sim and tray... Cleared cache, but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone been able to solve this, and how. 

0 Likes
Mark TKO
Explorer
Options
Hi. I've had no choice but to contact Samsung and say I'll send it for repair. Unfortunately I've had to buy a new phone as can't be without one for 1 to 2 weeks while it's repaired. Having the joys of setting that up today and once done will send the s21 in as still under warranty. Absolute ***** situation but what can you do. The problem was occurring ten plus times a day this past two weeks. Getting cut off during calls was getting too annoying
0 Likes
Dinma
First Poster
Options
Okay thank you... I'll contact them to send mine in as well.
0 Likes
EAS8
First Poster
Options

hi got the same problemi sent it to the Samsung repair center ,after diagnostic the  cost to repair is the same as i bought the phone 3years ago.I am considering sending the phone back to Samsung HeadOffice Korea.

0 Likes