Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send photos by email to specific email address.

(Topic created on: 16-09-2023 08:57 PM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

I send photos from my S21 to my desktop by email. Never had a problem but now pics stuck in Outbox with comment Couldn't Send. I can send an email text only and it is only my btinternet.com account  that is affected.  I have another email address and there is no problem. I can send a photo from my desktop to my bt acoount no problem but can't send pics from Samsung.  Any thoughts please?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Piper123
Maestro
Options
This is likely to be a file size maximum either for the email account sending or the email account receiving.

Have you reached your maximum capacity do you know?
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Tried various file sizes small and large.  Never had a problem before. How do I find out about maximum capacity please?

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Your email provider can tell you that. From experience 10 to 25mb is usually the max

I wonder if you've reached your overall capacity. For example Gmail has a 15gb max after which nothing can be sent or received until you upgrade to Google1 or delete emails etc.
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Many thanks.  I will make some enquiries.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Any particular reason for sending via email?

You could simply connect and drag and drop via cable on desktop.
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Yes. I also like to send photos when I am away from home.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why not use a cloud service like Google One ?

Can share albums and stuff.

Access from any where.
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Thank you.  There are alternatives but I really want to know why this has stopped working. I have asked others to send me pics by email to ascertain whether it is a bt desktop problem or a Samsung problem.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Out of curiosity which email provider are you using?

Have you checked if it not the email provider issue?
0 Likes