Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps from play store

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 09:54 PM)
Anand3366
Explorer
Options
Recently upgraded my s21 ultra to android 12 and things started to fall a part from day one. Ive managed to solve few but the one thing that really bugs me now is that i Couldn't install many of the apps from apps store . The screenshot which I've attached is just one example and I have the same issue for other apps as well. I tried uninstalling the updates
 from play store,tried clearing cache and the data, did a reboot of the phone but nothing worked .
 Is it just me who has this problem ?

Cover image

75 REPLIES 75
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Kaplaey2 

BUL6's purpose was to test  the Google Play Store fix and was rolled out briefly when it was discovered that it did not actually remedy the issue and 7 days later, the current BULC update was released. The fact that all devices did not receive BUL6 does not make it any less valid. 

qTjFQfY.jpg

samsung dec releases.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Paul671 

The version that comes pre-loaded in the new BULC update does indeed show, "1 September 2021".

If an update is available it can be checked in...

Settings > Biometrics and security > Google Play system update > Check for update

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Thanks ironass.

Google Play Store reports as up to date 😞

I previously checked by opening Google Play Store -> clicking my Profile -> Settings -> About. Here it gives my full version number as Version: 28.3.16-21 [0] [PR] 413990378.

@anyone who has the complete fix...

Do you mind checking the full Google Play Store version info please? I understand that would report a Google Play system later than 1st September 2021.

Thanks v much...

0 Likes
sbr35760
Journeyman
Options

Correct me if i am wrong, but the BULC should solve google play store issue and with my last SP1A.210812.016.G991BXXS2BULC release installed the 28th of december, I should be able to update application from google store which was failed to be updated 🙂 ?

If yes, this is not currently the case, should i clean some cache, ore do something else ?

Thanks for you help and happy new year.

0 Likes
sbr35760
Journeyman
Options

With BULC the update error is still ther on my S21

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Hi SBR.

I don't know. All I know is my S21 (Model G991B/DS)  gives error 503, won't install Google Play. It has Kernel BULC, and Play Store 1st September2021.

Anand3366 has model G998B. He had the issue on Android 12 on 26/11/21 (thread start). He reverted to 11 which fixed it. He got BULC update to Android 12 on 27/12/21 and is still good. His Google Play Store is dated November 2021.

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

I would suggest going into the Recovery menu and clearing cache partition, this might help...

then repair/optimize Apps from the same menu.

I think it's less related to the google play store VER, more to the updates messing something in the phone system or should we say ecosystem when connecting to google. 

Anyways I've decided to get of this updates train and simply do what I've suggested few threads before which is to fully factory reset the phone, Stay on android 12, and install clean from scratch. 

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Thanks - I did that again, and did App Repair. On booting I could update Nova Launcher which had failed with code 503 many times, but not install or update other apps which have updates waiting. They still fail with code 503.

Please let us know if full reset works for you. I'm loathed to do that as it takes about 3 hours, what with all my profiles, apps, 2FAs to setup again. I already did it early December when I got the phone. 

I'll wait one more day then maybe full reset it 😞

I came from a Huawei, expecting Samsung flagship model to be better than this.

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Update: I turned in my work profile. From that profile's Google Play Store I could install 3/3 apps no problem. My default personal profile still has the issue, reporting code 503.

Work profile Google Play Store has same version as my default profile: 28.3.16-21 [0] [PR] 413990378.

I see 4 threads here discussing this issue now. Unless I'm mistaken the only fix reported seems to be a factory reset, or rollback to 11 then update to 12 (?)

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Try to log out and back in of your personal profile, clear cache on google play store and services and re-try. 

0 Likes