Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 02:41 PM)
Tina2009
Navigator
Options
Why is the camera on the S21 ultra so bad.

Any object that moves is a blurry mess. The same happens with night time photos. Any street lighting is just a big blob of light.

It is a really expensive telephone. I had hoped for more.

I have factory reset the phone. Cleared the cache. Reset the camera app but pictures are not sharp in any setting.

Is it a problem with the phone or is this what it is? 
15 REPLIES 15
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not sure why you mention aspect ratio and pixels as they don't make a poor shot better. That is just putting lipstick in a pig. The secrets to a good pic is shutter speed, f stop and ISO. It's about a 30 minute read. It's a shame you don't accept advice to try to help you instead of making comments about having to have 45 years experience to take good photos. That is beyond ridiculous.
The thing about light us not exclusive to Samsung, it applies to all phones which is why there are so many disappointed people with the IPhone.
Perhaps you favour the IPhone as the colours are more vibrant. I prefer natural colours but that's a personal choice. If you thought I was getting uptight in threads it's difficult when you answer and people hijack threads moaning about the phone with nothing to add. Much like what happened in this thread. It's just like having a conversation and somebody is perpetually butting in. It's plain rude and not helpful to the OP.
I won't add further to this thread, there is little to benefit either of us. I wish you the best whatever you decide.
0 Likes
Panthese
Apprentice
Options

You haven't understood anything I wrote anyway. You keep carrying on about settings and lighting when I've clearly laid out that those factors are moot. It's obvious you don't understand the problem with you or the camera so yea, definitely not a benefit to anyone at all. Peace.

0 Likes
MarcasÓCochláin
First Poster
Options
I've had blur problems on 1x mode since the October or November software update. Before that it was crisp and clear on all zoom levels, but since then, I am unable to take a photo on 1x that is not blurry, day, night, sunny, cloudy, anything.
Bit of a waste of £1,300.
0 Likes
Son wu kong
First Poster
Options

Yeah idk wtf you are talking about I took a very vivid picture of the moon with my s21 ultra in auto mode. Might be a factory defect in certain devices but I can assure you mine is doing just right unless I use pro mode and set the shutter speed to 30 in the dark. Yes it absorbs more light but the tiniest shift in position seem to cause it to be blurry ( I'm not a surgeon so I can be shaky) pro mode also disables the stabilizer the s21 ultra has. I'm not sure how to enable it in pro mode but for those who won't believe the photo is attached enjoy my point and shoot moon pic with the 100x zoom function smh...

20211117_205938.jpg

0 Likes
Panthese
Apprentice
Options

That's a great pic. My phone would never take that no matter what I did.

0 Likes
martinj79
Explorer
Options
Pugs is wrong. My pixel 4xl could handle low light moving objects, like kids indoors. It's well known Samsung has this issue and not IPhone or Pixels.

It's hard to believe my 4 year old phone did better than this 24 ultra manages. Wish I'd researched this before selling my 4xl.
0 Likes