Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Camera failed

(Topic created on: 19-05-2024 06:41 AM)
DanielNem
First Poster
Options

My camera app or anything related with using my camera won't work.  On third party apps, it shows a black screen and for the app itself, it just won't open. I tried clearing the cashe and data, force stopping, going in safe mode, resetting etc and I still couldn't find a solution.

Please help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Is it only 3rd party apps that are causing this? When in safe mode, was the camera working as it should? If it's a 3rd party app, then reach out to the developers of the app, and also check for any updates for said app. Is there not a Samsung app that could work instead?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you factory reset the phone? I know you don't want to hear this but it maybe the only way.

If it still doesn't work after that I would suggest taking it to Samsung Store for a repair
0 Likes
DanielNem
First Poster
Options

1. No, it was not only third party apps. Infact I think they had no involvement with the problem as I deleted almost every map that required a camera and the problem remained.

2. When booted in safe mode, the problem still remained: It just said "Warning, camera failed"

3. Like I said before, it wasn't a problem with any apps and I haven't recently updated anything. (They are updated, but there were no changes recently. )

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Thanks. There's a camera diagnostic available under the support tab in the members app. If the results from that come back as a failure, then consider a repair, especially if you're planning on keeping the phone.
0 Likes