Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera focus

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 12:23 PM)
LvR88
First Poster
Options
Recently my S21 ultra has started to struggle with focus on the camera when the magnification is at x1, it produces a blurred unfocused image very annoying for when you want to take a quick snap. Now I understand there will be some auto focus timing expected but it just doesn't seem to focus at all. I've tried resetting the camera back to factory settings. Even in manual focus doesn't work. I'm wandering if it's update bug issue.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
My S21 Ultra has had the same problem for about a year now @LvR88. Others have the same problem as this subject has been posted often on this forum. The workaround I have is that, before shooting at 1x, I select 10x and let that focus before dropping to 3x and letting that focus, before then dropping to 1x which will always be bang in focus then. I do the same for video.
All this is a pain I know, and sadly there will be no software cure for this as a replacement camera module is the only remedy. This may not be what you want to hear. It certainly wasn't what I wanted to hear when I first researched the problem. I hope my workaround can at least give you some relief and prove helpful.
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
There's a fix for this.. smack the phone on the side and it will focus automatically.. or better still get rid of samsung and get something better, samsung aren't what they used to be. And seeing as yours is over 2 years and out of warranty, expect more issues after software updates.. that way you will pay samsung big money to fix or buy their newer model.. its a scam
0 Likes