Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery tips

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 06:22 PM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Hey everyone 
Whoever is using S21 5G Any battery tips ??

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@sarasphotobox: Please follow the link below for some tips on how to improve your phone's battery life. Some of the steps are for previous Android versions, but the general tips should be of some use to you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-...

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @sarasphotobox 

If your phone is relatively new then it will take a few days to Optimise.

In regards to Battery Saving Tips here are the one's I use on my phone's.

• Turn off Auto Brightness and set it to half way.
  • Use a Dark Wallpaper.
  • Screen Timeout to 2 minutes. 
  • I turn Off 5G in Settings and Connections as my tariff does not yet incorporate 5G and 5G is known to use quite a bit of battery.
  • Dark Mode.

I'm not in favour of turning Off features on my phone's that make it more useful to save a bit of battery.

I leave Location Services On.

I let my phone Sync.

On my phone it's on 120hz adaptive refresh rate and FHD+ resolution.

My advice is after a full cycle of use check your battery stats in your phone's settings to see what's using any excessive battery.

Apps can be set to sleep or deep sleep mode if required.

Performing a forum search will also yield more battery saving tips that people have shared and discussed.   :smiling-face:

My top battery saving tip is to turn Off the Battery % sign in the status bar so your eyes are not drawn to it and just enjoy the phone for what it brings.  :winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I feel its a shame that we have come so far with tech and still have to scale down phone features to save battery life.
Not sure about about the S21 but my Ultra is on everything adaptive except for brightness which I keep at 50%
Rest is all on with blue tooth, 120hz wqhd 5g etc etc.

Also besides the brightness have a look at app permissions to limit location to be used only when app is used depending which ones you do or don't want.

Also mobile background data off depending on apps again.