Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUBB S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 04:05 PM)
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
New update done. Wiped cache partition. Galaxy labs used to app boost. Let's see how it goes! Interested to see how everyone else gets on with it also :smiling-face: 
31 REPLIES 31
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No point @smiley... The AUBB update, as per Samsung's update details, is just an Android Security patch for March if coming from AUB9.

AUBB update.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
@GalaxyAsh

sorry dude... I have been on here for quite a while...

@ironass is one of the guys in the know on here... notifies of the updates in advance ... the contents... and generally has a good knowledge of these things.

I would take his word over most other sources.

smiley 😀
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
lol
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It does tell you about any new camera for the AUBB build, which there is not.

At the risk of confusing users, I am also a member of Samsung Developers but can find no stock camera development for the S21 series that you refer to. 

Have you got a link you could post please @GalaxyAsh  Thank you! 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
if you have something factual in text to the contrary and from a reputable source then I am happy to hear.

I am an engineer in my own industry... and only listen to well sourced information.

of course if the current software developer of the camera on the S21 ultra posts on this dev forum then I will be happy to see what they have to say.

I certainly can't be bothered to trawl through these developer forums searching for any information... and especially without knowing the authenticity of the post... and what their involvement is in the development cycle.

besides, the release notes say it all, and state the same version of camera software.

Any company such as Samsung are compliant with ISO standards and will need to follow strict software processes and version control. They would not be able to make any random software tweaks or changes without a relevant audit and up-rev to the correct release process.
- Smiley

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Right, so not for the Exynos model or indeed, the AUBB release but is included in the old 24th February release of the stock Snapdragon variant for Taiwan, G99*O, which operates a different camera set up. 

I got really excited there for a minute. I nearly spilt my lager. 

Thanks for helping clear that up for me @GalaxyAsh  👍

Apologies to @Gillerz10 for going, "Off Topic"

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I never said it was for the exynos model, or that there was definitely a new camera version at all, from the very start. I will delete some of the unnecessary comments off @Gillerz10 post.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
no worries pal. Don't get me wrong... I am happy to hear valid information on here about improvements... and as I don't have the inclination myself to join and read the developer info from forums.

I do enough engineering in the day job 👍😀

fingers crossed for another update soon enough that does provide camera updates.

IMO the phone is getting there though... compared to where we were for stability and issues on release day.

smiley 😀
- Smiley

GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Yes it is, I haven't had many issues tbh, but it wasn't as good out the box as I expected, and has improved. Samsung are smashing it with the updates lately too, so no doubt another will come along soon enough. Last year S20 Ultra improved significantly after the first 4-5 updates, and then more so with the U.I 3 update in early December, so hopefully, the same will go for S21 Ultra 🤞🏻
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Apologies for the comments pal, I have deleted 3 or 4 of the lengthy ones and the ones with images to save time for others reading the comments. Also, i didn't mean to confuse you or anyone else when I said "looks like" a new camera version, and I have since discovered it is for the snapdragon models only.
Although your benchmark results are still good, I hope you see some improvements with your phone soon enough. But that being said, I wouldn't hold to much weight to benchmarks either, As long as there is no overheating or other huge issues, just enjoy your phone.
( sorry it's a little late )