Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications do not record sound from microphone - mic works only for calls

(Topic created on: 13-02-2023 09:36 PM)
CommunityName51
Apprentice
Options

Applications on my S21 do not pick up sound from microphone. When I try to record audio in sound recorder, or voice message in messenger, or search with google assistant - applications behave like everything works, but there is no sound transmitted to the application. Voice message is recorded silent, voice recording in recording app is silent, and voice search behaves like I am not saying anything. I see green dot indicating that microphone is being accessed, in microphone access logs I see all apps accessing microphone. Microphone does not work with bluetooth headset.

Everything works in calls, and in camera for video. Even more, when I call through messengers - everything works fine as well. 

Of course, all permissions are granted for apps. I also tried Wipe Cache via recovery boot. 

I did not try factory reset (and I do not want to). 

11 REPLIES 11
Balader
Journeyman
Options

I just bough the phone right before UI6 patch and after the patch since i got the phone im having the same issue and it is such a disappointing experience of samsung after coming back to it for years later

0 Likes
Balader
Journeyman
Options

this is a software related issue for sure my phone is brand new and i have this problem since UI6 update

0 Likes